1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Rebooting issue?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by dragonfly, Feb 9, 2010.

1. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Does anyone else have an issue lately with their droid just randomly rebooting itself during the day? Noticed sometimes when I go to unlock it or even open up google maps it will just shut off on its own and reboot. Very strange occurance lately.

Thanks,

2. PacoJr67

Bronze

Mar 6, 2007
    Nope, my Touch Pro does that on occasion though...

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Hopefully if this 2.1 update ever shows up it will stop doing this.

5. teddyearp

Bronze

May 21, 2009
    That's odd that you're having that trouble as usually there are only two types of folks having that problem. The first type is those with bad phones who haven't done a damn thing to them (well hardly). The second type is those who have rooted, etc. and put a buggy rom on their phone and fixed it by using a working backup.

Either way, the phone has a one year warranty and if you haven't installed a custom rom and cannot restore to a previous state, then I would just go ahead and return it for a new one.

good luck

6. tman065

tman065 New Member

Nov 11, 2008
    I think it's a VZW thing. My Saga used to do that frequently. It was stock.

7. jdk2

jdk2 New Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Or a misbehaving app that was designed for 1.5 software and hasn't been updated yet to 2.0.1. We'll probably have the same issue when 2.1 gets released.