1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Received my email from HTCdev with my unlock code...

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by manbat, Jan 6, 2012.

1. manbat

Bronze

Apr 17, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Received my email from HTCdev with my unlock_code.bin , My Rezound will be unlocked and perm rooted soon!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Sweet
    How did it go?
    All set up?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. manbat

Bronze

Apr 17, 2008
    Haven't Un-locked yet.....I do have it Temp-Rooted though. Still exploring. Temp ROOT went smoothly.

5. manbat

Bronze

Apr 17, 2008
    Had a day off.....All un-locked and rooted. Backup that I saved while temp rooted didn't restore right......Had to hard reset and set up all over again. What is the BEST backup and restore App?

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I like Titanium Backup for apps, it will back up apps and data within that app. For a full restore of your OS (like an image) its best to make a Nandroid backup through either ROM Manager or the System Recovery

• Like Like x 1
  7. manbat

Bronze

Apr 17, 2008
    Well ....my Rezound's Root survived the OTA Upgrade. I did catch it while file was downloading and delayed the install until I un-froze apps, installed Voodo Root Keeper and backed up everything. The next day it asked again to install. I accepted.....Phone restarted a couple of times, installed the upgrade and restarted again. When I looked...I still had Root and everything was as before only with the upgrade!!!!. I restored the RootKeeper backup anyway and restarted. Has better call and signal quality now, along with Verizon app market, some new widgets and a battery meter under Settings/Power.

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Awesome, glad it worked for you!!

Sent from my Xoom using Everything Android

9. manbat

Bronze

Apr 17, 2008
    I was playing with an "OverClock" Rezound got hung in a "Boot Loop". Glad I had the backup from the OTA....lol. Back up and running set up as before in less than an hour. Most of that was getting my work exchange "syncing" again....had to get the security authorized again...!!

10. manbat

Bronze

Apr 17, 2008
    Well...Have my Rezound S-OFF now.....guess I can do just about anything I want to it now...lol. Gonna wait a few more weeks and see if it survives the ICS OTA that has been promised and rumored to be in May.

Sent from my HTC Rezound / ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2.02