1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Recoring Android Screen(Samsung Galaxy 8.9)

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Spudster, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Spudster

Spudster New Member

Jan 24, 2013

Sponsored Ad

Hey, I have looked everywhere and havent found no results, All i have found is Display Recorder which is not comtiable with my 8.9 system and ASC with requires a PC Debugging Method on every reboot, I usually turn of the system at the end of the day.Are there any Android apps that can record the screen without A required root or A windows? I dont have a Windows/Mac computer and Im on a contract with a carrier so if it bricks/Hard bricks I carn,t afford to fix it as Im paying for the contract.Help is apreciated, Thanks :)

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I thought the Galaxy tab had a built-in ability to take screenshots:
    Hold back button > Press power button once > Display should show 'Screen captured, saved as image file' and the image should be saved in your Gallery > Screen capture

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Spudster

Spudster New Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Yes it does but I want to record the actual activity on the screen for YouTube tutorials etc.

5. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    Screencast doesn't work?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

6. Spudster

Spudster New Member

Jan 24, 2013
    yes it does but it requres root permissions Need something that doesen,t require a root.

7. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I am not aware of anything that records video of a screen, but doesn't require rooting.

8. Spudster

Spudster New Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Ok one downfall that android has, I would love to start A youtube channel, Im not about to root for one application..

9. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Not sure that I would classify that as a downfall of Android, but it is your personal choice to not root and probably for good reason.

Keep an eye out as the Android landscape changes rapidly. Someone may yet come up with a solution that will meet your needs.....