1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

recovering text from crashed fb app

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and Help' started by bornfree1979, Apr 8, 2013.

1. bornfree1979

bornfree1979 New Member

Apr 8, 2013

Sponsored Ad

Hi All,

I would render a scenario that has oft repeated with me and would like to know from guys here if there is a recovery path?

I usually access my facebook over the phone and it's staple for me (for both my work and personal life), now there has been couple pf occasions that I have lost the written text , either to application hang/ abrupt closure/crash or a shut down (and it's quite common for me to loose this text while using native android gallery in conjunction with fb upload). Currently i lost a very important note, that is almost impossible for me to recreate.

a) Is there a way to recover this particular note?
    b) Is there a work around/ permanent solution to this situation, is there some application like lazarus, that is available in chrome that helps you recover data lost to a internet d/c , page refresh , accidental deletion etc.

Would be a great help if somebody could guide me to a workable solution!

Thanks All
    freeworld1979

Phone: Canvas 2 (A110 Micromax)

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    None that I know of. Is there a reason why you do not use a note taking app?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Hmm... I don't see how text/posts that never made it beyond the local phone would be recoverable in any way shape or form. Presumably, on an app closure, for whatever reason, RAM associated with storing your typing is released?

Obviously we don't know what you're doing specifically, but you may want to rethink a business practice that relies on an app you've shown to be buggy / unreliable on your phone. Perhaps type your note first in a text editor or or note application, like Scott suggested. You could then also upload it to DropBox or Google Drive for safekeeping, then copy/paste it into FB if you still need that route.

If you don't need the posting aspect, there are several excellent note taking apps out there and many allow you to share notes across users, etc.