1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

refurbished Galaxy S5?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by tyoso, Dec 27, 2014.

1. tyoso

tyoso New Member

Dec 27, 2014

Sponsored Ad

Galaxy S5 phone from eBay, nearly 4 months.

In the last few weeks it keeps shutting down, randomly.

This is also draining the battery very fast, so I am only getting 8 hours or so from it as opposed to 1.5 days, which I was getting previously.

I have ordered a replacement battery from mpj but not arrive yet and I hope it helps. I suspect that this is a refurbished Galaxy S5. Anyone any ideas how to confirm it?

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    You should have been alerted at the time of the sale if you were buying a refurbished, but not all sellers are as honest as they should be. As you unpacked it you might have noticed seals on the box opened or recovered with a second sticker, protective films on the phone and screen that were missing or removed and replaced, the setup of the device was already done, etc.

A bit late now...

You could try installing an app called PhoneINFO - Samsung and see what that reveals....

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. nilofar shaikh

Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Can any body tell me what's the price difference between a refurbished and a new one? and if the difference is not too much, then why people prefer to buy refurbished one than the new one?