1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

remote control?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by bheidemann, Nov 18, 2009.

1. bheidemann

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007

Sponsored Ad

When I was running WinMo I used to use a piece of software called My Mobiler which allowed me to control the phone when connected to my PC via USB. I really liked it because I could dock my phone and reply to texts that came in without having to undock the phone. I am looking for the same thing on the Droid since I keep it docked in the desktop dock but everytime I get a text I can to undock it, type my test, then dock it back up. Any idea's?

2. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    i am also looking for a similar app. i did find one but you had to download the sdk and then do this, this, this and that. and then you could do it. but it appeared to only work for android 1.6.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. bheidemann

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    I assume you're refering to this thread

Looks cool?

I tried it but alas, couldn't get it to connect.

5. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    yup. that's the one. i'm lazy, or i would have posted the link. he he. i started to try to do it, but then i realized it was downloading the sdk for 1.6 i stopped.

6. bheidemann

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    it looks like you need to root your phone anyhow... hopefully they finish the project and publish it to the market.

7. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    i don't think you have to root the phone. somewhere in an update it said something about better something for non-rooted phones. i assumed that meant that it would work with non-rooted phones.

8. bheidemann

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    Hmmmmm, well if I could figure out how to get the ADB to see the droid I think I could get it to work. The lack of documentation makes it difficult.

9. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007

Motorola Phone Portal does this through wi-fi...you need to download the .apk onto your phone, then follow the prompts to put it onto the pc.

I do not really understand this, unless it is just to "text" from the bigger screen. I wish there was a Dashwire type of program...

Link for the .apk

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GDVR9WF7

10. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Thanks i was looking for this app a little while ago after i saw the first launch of this video but couldnt find the app file.

11. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    yes! i remember this now. i too saw this before launch and completely forgot about it. i think because at the time he called it the sholes and he didn't correct it with the "droid" so i didn't remember. thanks.

12. bheidemann

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    So this works only over wifi? Or would a USB connection work the same?

13. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    it says it works over both, but i could only get it to work over wifi. you can setup a username and password for secure login. of course i'm lazy, so i really didn't try that hard to get it working over usb.