1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Remote touchpad for your computer

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by dragonfly, Nov 9, 2009.

1. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007

Sponsored Ad

So found this program called remotedroid which pretty much turns your phone into a touch pad like device to control your computer with the phone, the keyboard is active and it allows you to click around the screen, would be good i guess for when i lay in bed and want to control my desktop which is hooked up with my tv on the other side of the room.

Here is the link if anyones interested.

http://www.remotedroid.net/

2. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    sounds cool.

you probably should be posting these great finds in the 'favorite apps" thread though.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Good point ill move it over :) or try to at least.

dont think i can one of the mods will have to move it over since i dont have access to do so.

5. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    maybe add another post to the each thread just asking a mod to move it. i'm sure they'll catch it faster that way.

also, regarding this app, can you use the keyboard on the droid as the keyboard on the computer you're controlling? did it cost anything? we have a media pc in our living room with an MS remote running Bozee and Windows Media Center and a remote keyboard with a mouse joystick. we also use both our laptops in other rooms in the house connecting them to tvs but they both have remotes.

6. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Yes the keyboard on the droid works on the computer you are controlling so what you type in your droid its just like you were typing in your desktop/laptop.
    Nope its a free app :)

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    ive asked Chris to add a software forum for Android devices...
    once we have that we can move it over there

8. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Sweet thanks Scott