1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove Get Google Now banner

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Thomas TH, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Thomas TH

Thomas TH Guest

Sponsored Ad

I have a Lenovo phone with Android 4.2.2 and I have used it only as a phone, messanger and camera. No WiFi, mail, Chrome or any other apps that need an internet connection. They are uninstalled or disabled. Strictly a basic phone.
    For some reason, a few days ago, a message saying "Get Google Now" pops up in the top of the screen when the phone is locked.
    I have not connectd to the internet or done any other things besides calling people.
    How do I remove this?
    I have looked on forums how to turn Google Now off but as I do not have it, thus the message to get it, I can not do anythng.
    If I touch the message, a square comes up aroung the lock. When I unlock, a windows saying "No interent connection" comes up.

#1 Thomas TH, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2015
  2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Probably bloatware loaded into the phone by either the manufacturer or your wireless carrier. If so there is no way to remove unless you mod the phone. To do that you would need an internet connection to download an OS like CyanogenMod.

3. Sponsored Advertisement