1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Removing IMAP folders from Gmail app

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by zillah, Aug 30, 2015.

1. zillah

zillah New Member

Feb 17, 2014

Sponsored Ad

Hi

In my Gmail account I have hidden the [IMAP]/Important, [IMAP]/All mail Settings --> labels using the web interface.

Fortunately those folders got disappeared from my desktop Thunderbird's client but unfortunately still sjwoing on my android phone.

Is there any way of getting rid of these folders on my phone ?

Cleared Gmail cache , Restarted phone , resynchronized didn't fix the issue

Anyone managed to do this ?

Thanks

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I would think you have to disable IMAP in your Gmail account and remove the unwanted labels.

Have you tried that?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. zillah

zillah New Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Yes I had done that via gmail account as per below :
    I should have said I have unticked the option "Show in IMAP" folder instead of hidden

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    But did you remove the labels? Remove, not hide. Do they return after disabling IMAP and removing the labels?

6. zillah

zillah New Member

Feb 17, 2014
    This is what I did
    Gmail account via web interface > Settings > Labels, find the relevant labels, and untick "Show in IMAP", option hide is for removing from the gmail account itself

I would assume I did the right thing via my gmail web interface ,,,right ? because those folder got disappeared from ThunderBird client ,,,,,,,,,,,, It should work for android gmail app,,,,Shouldn't it ?

My tweaking was same to the below
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/543948/how-to-remove-some-gmail-folders-in-thunderbird

Did I miss something ?

7. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Looks to me you did what you should, but I am not a Thunderbird user so I am out of my element here.

Sorry I can't offer anything additional....

8. zillah

zillah New Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Thanks
    Understand.Even with outlook it is the case means "All mail" folder and "Important" folder didn't show up after modifying setting via gmail account