1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Replacing Default message icon on taskbar

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Rbolanos01, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Rbolanos01

Rbolanos01 New Member

Jan 21, 2011

Sponsored Ad

So I use handcent sms as my messaging app. On epics, there is an icon at the bottom of screen for mssg. I have Contacts, phone, message, and apps. Problem is, if I click on message icon, it takes me to the default messenger which is plain and boring, even if I set hancent as my default, it still opens the standard first. Once I select a contact thread, it opens the handcent version. Does anyone know a way that I can swap out the default icon with the handcent?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Everything Android App

2. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Are you using a home screen launcher?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Rbolanos01

Rbolanos01 New Member

Jan 21, 2011
    No. I tried other ones but I actually like the epic one because it has 7 screens to it. I tried the panda home and another one I can't remember the name to but I wasn't too crazy over them.

5. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Not familiar with that. But, sounds like this is a widget built in to homesceen launcher. Try long pressing it. Does it "move" so it can be deleted?

6. I8qbert

Bronze

Aug 24, 2008
    Long hold on the homesceeen and add app.

Sent from my Droid

7. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Doesn't sound like it is on the actual "homescreen", but instead on a launcher type bar. Either way, try the "long press" first..