1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Report: Nexus One sells only 20,000 units in first week

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by aggieman, Jan 13, 2010.

1. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007

Sponsored Ad

ouch.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/01/13/nexus-one-sells-20000-units-in-first-week/

Now that we know that the online/google model of selling this thing is going to be a fail, lets hope they start pushing these devices out to the normal retail channels. The biggest flaw in the whole online only concept is the average user wants to see a display model, talk to sales reps about the phone and its capabilities, and actually handle it before just ordering a device online that they've never seen other than internet pictures.

I buy most of my phones online or unlocked so this is nothing new to me, but the average user is most likely going to balk at this type of buying experience. I hope Google makes some changes to their sales model because I'd hate to see such a nice device end up as an epic fail. I have long been waiting for a worthy device to make the switch to Android and I say without hesitation the Nexus One is that device and it should be for others who are contemplating as well.

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    i agree, but then again its only on T-Mo which doesnt have the base that Verizon did for the Droid or AT&T did for the iPhone

slightly handicapped

i usually like to get a feel for the phone first before i sign a deal on a phone for 2 years, but with this one i would go the online route.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Ramesh

Bronze

Oct 29, 2008
    Since they're an online only outlet, they may need to ditch the restock fee. If you buy from a retailer, you can handle a demo model, etc.... Like aggie, (not nearly to his extent) I'm a bit of a gadget whore, so I didn't mind getting it online.

5. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    ouch!!..............

6. Ramesh

Bronze

Oct 29, 2008
    Got nothing but love for ya brutha. :)

7. glsda

Bronze

Oct 11, 2008
    I am with you aggieman. I am hoping AT&T comes out with the google phone. I want to be able to pop my sim card out of my iPhone, put it in the g phone and experience android. I'll be patient, read the reviews and move or not move depending on what's available.

8. Ramesh

Bronze

Oct 29, 2008
    Even on edge, it's not bad.

9. Ben SASSI

Ben SASSI New Member

Feb 7, 2015
    i think Google use some really big marketers and some magic