1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Required help regarding android mob app for car lock system...!!! :(

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by sushant prabhakar, Jul 23, 2011.

1. sushant prabhakar

sushant prabhakar New Member

Jul 23, 2011

Sponsored Ad

hey guys, actually i wanted to develop a mobile application that can work on car lock system..The application would be able to unlock a vehicle door from a limited distance... can anyone tell me what to do.. ? I got no idea where to start with..
    Anything related to this will help.. i am thinking to make this my mini project at my college.. Please help me guys..

2. jlloyd

jlloyd New Member

Jul 2, 2011
    nice idea, however it is pretty limited do to the hardware required to actually unlock the car. i do not think there is any way for your phone to simulate the signal of most remote starters that are out. GM already has onstar w/app and i know some Viper alarm systems have their own app for the iphone. check out this thread i know its old but i dont think things have changed much. But it is a good idea and good luck getting it going
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/12190-remote-car-alarm-car-starter.html

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    With all the proprietary systems (software and hardware) used by automobile manufacturers I can't imagine this could ever get done, but good luck.