1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Ring tones for specific people from SD card

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by brokenelbow, Nov 26, 2009.

1. brokenelbow

brokenelbow New Member

Jul 13, 2006

Sponsored Ad

I copied my old ring tones from my old phone to my new SD card. I see how to assign specific ring tones to certain callers but how do I get the droid to look on my SD card? At the moment it only shows me the ringtones that came on the droid.

Thanks to all

2. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    I read that you need to create a folder on the SD card named "Ringtones" and put your mp3's in there. And a separate folder named "Notifications" for those.

I have not gotten around to doing it myself yet but, If you search the threads you will find it.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    Another option you can try is d/l the ringdroid app. Its a pretty cool app that allows you to make your own custom ringtones. After making them it will prompt you to assign them as the primary ringtone or assign to a contact. Also I have noticed after making a ringtone it will show up on the list when you change it manually from the Droid's menu. If you want to use your old tones load them using the app since it will read the sd card!

5. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Yes putting a folder called Ringtones on the base of your sd card and plopping the mp3's you want to use is the way to select any ringtone you want for every contact you have :dft010:big_smile

also you can make a "notifications" folder as well as a "alerts" folder where you can also plop mp3 files.