1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Roll on 13th Feb...

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by naviwilliams, Feb 4, 2011.

1. naviwilliams

Bronze

Feb 4, 2011

Sponsored Ad

Me being the gadget person that I am, I emailed my AT&T rep today to order me (when he can), Inspire 4G.

So, roll on 13th Feb. Anyone else?

2. TheOrioles33

TheOrioles33 New Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Me! I pre-ordered from Radioshack. I'm ready to dive into the world of Android. I have an iPhone 4 which I am keeping for now. Added a line to my family plan so I can "play" with Android. Needless to say, I'm excited. Bring on the 13th!

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. dwp1975

Bronze

May 19, 2008
    Please post your feedback, I may pick one up on Tuesday when I get paid so that I can finally have a 3g dev device on AT&T. All my phones are unlocked T-mo and the EDGE network sucks in terms of speed and connectivity.

5. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    lol, you jump from phone to phone almost as much as I do ;)

6. dwp1975

Bronze

May 19, 2008
    Anyone get this device yet? I got a offer that expires today to visit the new AT&T store they just opened up one town over and I get a $50 off discount on any smartphone except the iPhone, so that would get me a Inspire 4g for $49. Is it worth it to re-up my contract for this? I see the battery is 1250mah which is too weak for this phone and with Android's known battery consumption I am concerned this phone will be drained in hours.

7. naviwilliams

Bronze

Feb 4, 2011
    I have it, but, not 100% impressed with the battery life...

8. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    small battery + big screen is never a good combination.

I don't understand why HTC skimped on the battery on the Inspire at 1230 mah while they gave the Thunderbolt 1400 mah.

9. naviwilliams

Bronze

Feb 4, 2011
    @aggieman - weird, but it seems like most devices these days, the key is to FULLY charge the device BEFORE you even turn it on. In addition to 'turning off' a few options.

Similar to what we had to do with the iPhone upon it's release. Thus far I am getting about 12-14 hours now on the Inspire. Albeit, I still want more...

10. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    On some of these phones, just "plugging them in" turns them on. Can't charge beforehand!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

11. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    My atrix came 90% charged. Plugged it in and topped off when I got to office yesterday around 11 used it till midnight last night and it was at 40%. Been using it for 4 hours today and im down to 90%. The 1930 mah battery in the Atrix appears to make a huge difference so far. If you are unsatisfied with battery life on the inspire and still looking at switching for the Atrix id highly consider it.

Sent from my MB860 using Everything Android App

12. naviwilliams

Bronze

Feb 4, 2011
    @aggieman - I have the Atrix now. But, of course I'm missing the size of the HTC.

Anyway, I'm going to be using\playing with the Atrix today, and we'll see how that pans out.

13. ednygma

ednygma New Member

Feb 28, 2011
    I picked up the HTC Inspire last Saturday (coming from an Iphone 3G) for $49 at AT&T. This is my first foray into the world of Android and so far, I am happy to say, I really like it. I find some things the iPhone does better (such as smoother integration/transition between apps on the phone) but overall I am impressed with what appears to be a very user friendly and adaptable phone.