1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

ROM's?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by sherri, Feb 5, 2011.

1. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007

Sponsored Ad

I know we have mentioned it elsewhere, but it may be nice to have a place for this, as so many new updates are available. (If Scott doesn't agree, he'll clean my mess, as he has been doing for almost 3 years!)

Scott, I know you are using CM nightlies, as am I. However, do you update this every night? I get auto notifications that new update is available. Trying to read the changelog is like reading Chinese...

Currently on 25 (26 is available, but this is running so well...) Also, when you "update", do you always wipe data & reset?

I reset everything going from 23 to 24, so didn't feel it was necessary for 24 to 25. Suggestions?

I never tried any other ROM but CM. Actually, tried MIUI when it first came out. Missed my app drawer!

Would love to hear some of the differences between ROM's.

Thanks!

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android App

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    If you are updating nightlies you do not need to reset between versions, however, if you have any issues reset and then reflash the ROM.

A lot of the time there isnt much change, so its not always necessary to flash the newest version if the current one is working for you. I do it every night just cuz :)

As long as you need a nandroid backup of a working version your golden.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Thank you!

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android App