1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Root(down)

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by rude boy, May 25, 2014.

1. rude boy

Bronze

May 25, 2014

Sponsored Ad

so yah... tried 2 times to flash an bloat free ROM into the HTC -failed both times. getting it back working was quite a long road to travel, i had Adam (is he here?) & Scott (i know he is :} backing me up all the way, great fellas.

anyway.. in preparation to flash for the 3rd times (which i hear may be a charm)... this place is easier then G+, especially with me created countless threads and impossible to find them, maybe it's me.. but G+ is confusing sometimes.

well, 'nuff for now.

2. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Wait.......... What????

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    No... Seriously.... Odd (but good...) to see you on an Android forum. So... Are you just trying to root the phone to remove the bloatware, or do is there a specific rom you want to use?

5. rude boy

Bronze

May 25, 2014
    mainly for the bloatware, and to use Viper since i read good things, plus also for dicking around. still have the iPhone 5s but just bored with iOS... if the iPhone 6 doesn't bring what i hope i may switch more permanently with a newer Android.

6. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Good to have you back. To remove the carrier crap, I originally just rooted my phone. Used Titanium Backup to freeze apps I "may" need or system apps I was not going to use, and totally delete apps I will never use. On my original Droid, the ui didn't bother me, so I rooted but kept basic rom. On my RAZR Maxx, I need an AOKP ROM (I want led to blink with the screen ON), so now I am running a custom ROM.

7. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Does your phone have a custom recovery? In my phone, locked bootloader requires a custom recovery. I use Safestrap. Let's me "play", but I know there is a safety net if needed.

8. rude boy

Bronze

May 25, 2014
    i did have CWM recovery.. which i used for flashing ViperROM, now at this time i don't care which ROM or whatever.. i would like my reverse screen touches to be resolved.

9. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    I know you long enough and well enough to know that if you are asking for help, you did a thorough search first.

The reason I asked about the custom recovery is because with my phone, the Safestrap recovery is barred on CWM, but Clockwork ROM Manager will brick the phone. (Works beautifully on my OG Droid and Galaxy 10.1 tablet, but not the Razr.)

Also surprised that your posts on XDA haven't been addressed. (Not totally shocked, as sometimes the attitude there is "snippy"....

My guess is that the best thing would be to totally rest the phone to" out of the box "mode. Is that possible?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2678700

I am unfamiliar with RUU, but getting the phone back to stock and starting from scratch helps....

(Curious as to what made you explore Android in the first place? Weren't you working for Apple?)

10. harshit

harshit New Member

May 27, 2014
    Hey boy can u help me

11. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Seriously? With what?

12. rude boy

Bronze

May 25, 2014
    well... went through about 2 days & some late, very late hours without success, the seller did what he could to help and in the end he decided to ship me a different one, not black but at this point, i'll take it. should have it midweek next week...

13. rude boy

Bronze

May 25, 2014
    doubtful.. i quite newish :}

14. rude boy

Bronze

May 25, 2014
    (ps. yes i work for Apple still... switch from part-time to full-time and in the process from CPU to iOS. why i may jump ship? getting bored with iOS, form factor also unexciting, besides from some minor changes this form has is now on the 4th model (4, 4S, 5, 5s...) and to think i stayed overnight for the 5s and was actually the 1st in line.. was a great experience)