1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Rooted my Galaxy S.. now what do I do?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by ravman, Nov 17, 2010.

1. ravman

Bronze

Oct 23, 2008

Sponsored Ad

I rooted my phone using the Z4 Mod and installing Busy Box. What do I do now?

Has anyone tried using the SGS Unlock tool? I tried getting it to work, but it brings up a message saying it can't find the files, and do I actually have a Samsung Galaxy S. Weird?

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    You can do lots.
    WiFi Tether, Screen Shots, Custom Roms, Remove bloatware apps, and lots more.
    The only question is WHAT do you want to do?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. ravman

Bronze

Oct 23, 2008
    Just found the APK file for WiFi tethering here.

Will install it tonight and see how it goes.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Thats what you want...have it on my Incredible, works great!

6. ravman

Bronze

Oct 23, 2008
    I did it, I did it. Installed it and it works great. Even connected my PC to my phone tethering to see what kind of speeds I could get. I get around 2 bars signal in my place, and I got about 0.78mbps download speed via speedtest.net. Not bad.

Just got to decide to if I want to get the Galaxy Tab (no plan) or the iPad next. I didn't really want to sign up to another data plan to get them. Shame the Tab didn't come in a 9" screen.

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Shoot over to the tab thread, gnath9 has a tab, pick his brain :)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android App

8. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    I really like the smaller size of the Galaxy Tab. It is plenty big enough but, small enough to take with anywhere you go. I have had mine with me since release day and am still loving it !!! So much in fact, I am thinking of dropping the plan on my Droid and turning it into a skype phone connected to my tab.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Everything Android App