1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Rooted!!

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Eugene, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
  2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    so whats this?
    you can start to write your own roms?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    Thats the back door into the phone, the first step, you could write your own rom, run something else on top of the stock one, install windows mobile :dft011:tounge_out

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    veeeeery interesting

6. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    I just had to make that joke about windows mobile, could you imagine ruining our droids like that?

7. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    if it's possible, i'll do it. :dft009:smile

8. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    would you really ruin your droid like that. Could you Imagine a droid that couldn't communicate with anything but outlook, or browse web sites that weren't written in Microsoft's special version of html, or locked up and rebooted when trying to make a call.

9. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    yes, and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. just like when i tricked out my winmo phone to look like an iPhone.

10. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    man, just thinking about that ,makes me sick. All the time and $ I wasted trying to make windows actually do somehting useful.

11. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    well, there's your problem. i didn't spend one cent on anything for my winmo phone. i would flash a new os every week. it was like an addiction. and i'm sure once this rooting process becomes streamlined, i'll be rooting my droid all the time.

12. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    I didn't spend anything on my winmo phone either, just wasted the $ buying it and wasted time trying to make it actually work.

13. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Once someone has actually rooted the phone on here, please let us know how it went, kinda cautious doing it, the only thing i would really use it for would be to install my apps to my sd card instaed of to the phone itself.

14. tj!2k6

Bronze

Aug 7, 2006
    Nifty, looking forward to the custom roms...

15. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
  16. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Does that mean it can find truffles???

You should be able to triple boot WM, Android and OS X eh?? :p

* It sounds so simple
    http://alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=210&t=626

And no.. I am not a nerd... But my Q9c still beats your Droid.. Bwahaahaa..

17. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    with my omnia i could boot into winmo and android. although you couldn't really do anything in android.

i did root my droid by the way. if you didn't see it in other threads. i can now run a screen capture app, drocap2, with root access. it's pretty sweet.

and no you're not a nerd, you're clearly delusional if you think your q is better then my droid.

18. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    So where are the truffles??

Ok, the Q can't handle the non mobile style of EA easily but it tethers and does imap on Yahoo . Which threads did you describe rooting in? This thread was the only one I found today.

19. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    i was talking about it in the OTA thread and the How to manually update thread. although now that i think about it, it would have been more appropriate for this thread.