1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Rooting my Fascinate

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by wafwot, Nov 15, 2010.

1. I8qbert

Bronze

Aug 24, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Yet another reason to own a Dinc :)

sent from somewhere

2. Pedro Cano

Pedro Cano New Member

Apr 27, 2011
    CAn someone walk me through it?? I keep trying and it wont work,, like give me a email nd stuff, plzz

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Did you upgrade to Froyo the other day?

5. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    What's a dinc?

6. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Not sure I understand why you folks keep posting things like it didn't work the first several times so I just kept trying. Why would you keep repetedly trying something that may not work and can brick the phone?

7. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    your absolute best bet is going to have to be the http://www.Unrevoked.com method. This is confirmed by me and n99hockey to have sucessfully rooted our phones. Simply click on the Incredible image and it will download all the necessary files and directions that you need. :)

8. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Dinc = Abbreviation for the Droid Incredible. Similar to the DThun for the Droid Thunderbolt or the D1 for the DROID

9. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    I'm not at all interested in rooting. Have not seen any reason to do so. Good to know that info tho' in case something changes.

10. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Thanks Weap..

• Like Like x 1
  11. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    ive noticed its not always for everyone. I do give you alot of credit tho. You at least are AWARE of the options for you if hypothetically you decide to root. Others that I talk to...I guess they always expect root to do more to the phone i.e. explode in a confetti wonderland or gain access to a secret labratory. So when I explain to them what root is they just stare at me its rather unerving at times....

12. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    If I had 2 phones and play time, i'd potentially be interested in it. Would be similar to playing in the registry on a Win box to affect IE and other app behavior, etc. But I rely on my phone too much, FOR ME, to do anything to potentially affect its normal operation and I for sure don't want to pay for 2 phones and I don't have the time for it anyhow...

13. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Unrevoked is mainly for HTC devices.

Check out this link over at XDA IF you have the updated froyo OTA from Verizon the other day.

14. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    good looking out thanks ;)