1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Rooting Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Mister Fox, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Mister Fox

Mister Fox New Member

Jan 3, 2013

Sponsored Ad

I just got a Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2 for Christmas, and it's a lot better than my iPod Touch. I've pretty much figured out how everything works, and I've done research on rooting before. I would like to root my device, but there doesn't seem to be clear instructions anywhere. I understand all the risks (I had a jailbroken ipod touch, so I'm fine with the risks that rooting carries).

Can anyone provide me with instructions on how to root my device? I've heard of software like SuperOneClick and Odin, but I'm not sure if any of them work for my device.

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Welcome to eA and thanks for registering.

The most reliable source for rooting information and files is XDA Developers. I think this is the thread for your device version. Pay attention to the cautions about WiFi and read through everything first.

Also a little blurb here.

Let us know how you make out.....

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Mister Fox

Mister Fox New Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Well, I did everything right, and after rooting with Odin it said "Pass". However, my screen still said "downloading". I assumed I had to restart my device. So I held down the power, home and volume buttons for a few seconds and it restarted fine. However, I do not have root access. Something didn't work :(

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    What tells you that you have no root access?

You should join XDA and post in that specific thread to see if you get a response from those who have done the root to that device too.

6. Mister Fox

Mister Fox New Member

Jan 3, 2013
    LOL it looks like I spoke too soon. I rebooted my device a few times and how the app says I have root access and the Super SU application is running.

BTW, the app is called Root Check Basic. It checks to see if your device has root access by requesting superuser permissions. If there is no response, it says your device has no root access.

7. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Glad to hear you had success......