1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Rooting?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by meke77, Oct 27, 2010.

1. meke77

meke77 New Member

Oct 27, 2010

Sponsored Ad

What is the point & purpose of rooting your phone? Curious & wondering if I'm supposed to. I hear a lot of rooting talk here LOL. I was wondering if it has to do with the memory or speed of a phone? If so, tell me how so I can stop deleting old & sometimes paid for apps. HTC hero

Sent from my HERO200 using Everything Android App

2. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    please see the link in my signature.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. billcosby41

billcosby41 New Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Ok so I am on T-Mobile MyTouch 4g, running Android 2.2.1. If I use VISIONary or z4root for a temporary root and reboot, will I lose ONLY the root, or everything like a factory reset? Thank you I help you can answer. Reply if you need any more info.

5. billcosby41

billcosby41 New Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Bump please someone help :(

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    You will lose only the root, your device will not be wiped.

• Like Like x 1
  7. billcosby41

billcosby41 New Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Ok thank you! So if i reboot, my phone will be the exact way before it was rooted? Like if I mess up something, could I just restart and it would be fixed? Thanks I'm new to rooting.

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Yes, you will just lose the temp root.

9. billcosby41

billcosby41 New Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Thank you :D

10. BikerBoy

BikerBoy New Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Is it safer to temp root than permenant ? " bricking the device wise " ?
    If the phone bricks can you claim a replacement phone from the wireless company or the manufacturer or will they figure it up ?

11. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    from my experience perm root has been around longer, also I have never seen the point of temp root.

If hypothetically your phone bricks don't take it back to the store, claim it as a lost phone and you'll get a replacement but its just like everything else the more you do it the more the suspicion.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android

12. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I dont think its safer one way or another, although I will say if you use a 1 click root method for your phone its really really hard to brick the device if you followed all the instructions leading up to the app you are supposed to use.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BikerBoy

BikerBoy New Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Ok Would you guys be kind enough to point me into the direction of how to root my Samsung Charge ? i tried to recap battery and i couldn't enter recovery mood, so advices please

14. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
  15. BikerBoy

BikerBoy New Member

Sep 11, 2011
    See this is what scares me when doing an android root, I jail break unlocked all my iphone , if something happened you can always fix it when it comes to iphone , never ran into bricking one, but now whenever i read about rooting , there comes the " there is a chance to brick your phone " how hard is it to root? how many people did brick their phone ? what is it that you do and end up with bricked phone ?

16. BikerBoy

BikerBoy New Member

Sep 11, 2011
    i tried the link and while trying to set adb , and in cmd when i type adb i get an error :D
    any other idea ?

17. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Did you follow the instructions to get to ADB?

18. BikerBoy

BikerBoy New Member

Sep 11, 2011
    yes i did

19. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    The ADB metion is kind of tricky, I would keep my and your eyes open for a 1-click root method, shouldnt be to far behind.

20. BikerBoy

BikerBoy New Member

Sep 11, 2011
    So I shouldn't root it yet?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Everything Android

21. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    What firmware version do you have on your phone?