1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Rooting?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by meke77, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008

Sponsored Ad

BEFORE YOU DO THIS: DO A BACKUP OF YOUR PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    In clockwork recovery Navigate to:
    BACKUP/RESTORE>BACKUP

Looks like there is only one rom right now for your phone.
    http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?6634-ROM-EP1W-CWM-GummyCharged-GBE-2.0-9-28-2011...super

from this what you will actually have to do is this:
    1) Manually download the file to your phone from here: http://www.teamgummy.com/Syaoran12/GummyCharged_GBE_2.0.zip
    dont change where it downloads on your phone
    2) Enter Recovery on your phone after the file has finished.
    3) Select WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
    Select YES -- DELETE ALL DATA
    3) Navigate to INSTALL .ZIP FROM SD CARD.
    4) CHOOSE .ZIP FROM SDCARD
    5) now HERE is why I asked you not to change where it downloads: navigate to> download>and it should be the first thing on the list. choose that GummyCharged.zip file and let it do its thing.

2. BikerBoy

BikerBoy New Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Is this ROM a good rom ?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    well im not being sarcastic with you when I say this. Thats really up to YOU to decide youll be the one using it. If you dont like it you can always go back to your original rom.

5. BikerBoy

BikerBoy New Member

Sep 11, 2011
    kk I Will probably do that tonight and see :D

6. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    I really can't wait for you to do this I'm really excited for you just keep it in mind when you flash the rom this rom that you're about to use will bugs in it. So if something happens and we cant fix it, its up to the developer to fix it. Some of these things develoers already know.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android

7. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    BikerBoy if you get stuck in bootloop:
    meaning one of the startup screens stays on your phone LONGER THEN 10 MINUTES here are the steps that help fix it.
    1) remove the battery
    2) replace the battery and holding POWER AND VOLUME DOWN SCREEN enter bootloader screen It will be a white screen with a bunch of skateboarding androids.
    3) navigate to RECOVERY
    4) BACKUP/RESTORE
    5) restore your PREVIOUS rom (the rom that you DIDN'T download

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android

8. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    ...sooooo?! did you do it!! O_o

9. BikerBoy

BikerBoy New Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Was thinking i am having a day off , just incase something happened , but my scheduel got changed, i have to wait till next tuesday ...

10. BikerBoy

BikerBoy New Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Installed foryo and i am on red circle screen for a while ....... not 10 minutes yet, waiting ... patiently

11. BikerBoy

BikerBoy New Member

Sep 11, 2011
    foryo on , all apps are here .... what should i expect as a difference ?

12. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    well first a congratulations on your first rom flash! Wasnt that easy?! :) Scary at first tho huh? :)
    as a difference you should EXPECT a better battery life thats not always the case but for the most part yes. Secondly now that you are familiar with what to do and how to do it. Visually you may not see a difference but trust me its there. Continue to look for more ROMS offered for your phone and as we always say, the choice is yours on what you want to flash (well...as long as its for your phone)
    :)

13. BikerBoy

BikerBoy New Member

Sep 11, 2011
    It look like this is the only rom for my phone.. ... sucks

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Everything Android

14. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    trust me I know how you feel they will make more dont you worry.

15. BikerBoy

BikerBoy New Member

Sep 11, 2011
    I installed gummy 2.0 going to 2.1 now :p

16. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    YAY!

SEE!!! ISNT THIS FUN>???!!!

17. BikerBoy

BikerBoy New Member

Sep 11, 2011
    2.1 on

18. BikerBoy

BikerBoy New Member

Sep 11, 2011
    it is fun , but i can't fine battery on the screen , what is the best wifi tether to install ? i want one that doesn't have my network on all the time , and is stable..... what else do i need to install

19. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Most of the roms Ive flash have had a tethering hotspot added: Go under Settings>Wireless & networks and see if in the middle of the page there is a tethering option. If not I have heard Barnicle is good.

As far as battery, you can download Minimilist Text (you have to manually configure everything in it tho and its in text form), Circle Battery(free) is a good widget too as well as Beautiful Widgets (paid app). I like to switch between all three of these depending on my mood.

20. BikerBoy

BikerBoy New Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Itsays its usb tethering and only promotuonal

21. AndroTech

AndroTech New Member

Jan 10, 2012

Rooting is not something to be taken casually, either for the iPhone or a Android device. There's always going to be a chance of messing something up, and it doesn't even have to be your fault that it happened. When studying the root process I wanted to learn about everything possible (for me it's just fun to know all that gooey techie stuff). In the end I decided to use Z4Root, and it worked flawlessly. One button root, nothing to set, configure, or worry about. It also allows you to UNroot if you ever need to return your phone back to stock.

Rooting will give you and your phone more options (and take away one - automatic over the air updates). Rooting also allows you to remove your phones bloatware, freeing up valuable space. The only phone that I wouldn’t root would be a new model that was being sold. Manufactures HATE rooting and I wouldn’t put it pass them to install something that will brick your phone if you try to root. Let others be the guinea pig if it’s a brand new model. Once you’ve seen that they have successfully rooted their device, then it’s probably pretty safe for you to root. If it’s an older model of phone then this is a non-issue. Happy rooting.