Rooting?

Discussion in 'Android Rooting and Custom ROMs' started by billcosby41, Sep 5, 2011.

1. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

Actually rooting has become quite easy. There are a ton of 1-click methods available that make it damn near impossible to brick. And most devices that are 'bricks' can be brought back to life with a little work.

As long as you know the OS Version, and a few other items about your phone you can easily do this.
  2. UWTELECOM

UWTELECOM New Member

I would truly recommend you to go to the Android Forums for the XDA developers, just to make sure you received the best adviced and guidance possible ;)
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Dokar

Dokar New Member

Temporary or shell root work until you reboot the device. Its not affect settings. But the problem is this app now not work. Its lastly updated 2010.
  5. umarsatti

umarsatti New Member

I rotted my phone , later it was not working and company refused to repair it even it was in warranty :(
  6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

Then you didn't do your research, because rooting your phone VOIDS your warranty.
  7. sherri

sherri Well-Known Member

Which phone? There are literally 100's of forums, threads and directions on this. All say that rooting voids warranty. However, in almost any case, the phone can be recovered. Try XDA Forums or Rootz Wiki....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  8. hi! i hope someone could help me. i have my sony ericsson xperia x10i and i want a screenshot application. whenever i download a free one, it requires me to root the phone. i really don't have any idea about rooting. can someone help me? thanks in advance!
  9. stevetaz

stevetaz Super Moderator Staff Member

There are a few free screenshot applications that do not require rooting, but not many. You just have to do a better job reading the descriptions before downloading and trying to install. This no-root screenshot app seems to be rated pretty well, but it does cost $5.

If you want to root just because you don't want to pay $3 - $5 for a screenshot app I am not sure you should. Rooting is not terribly difficult, but please note that it does void your phone's warranty.

Read through the various posts in this Android Rooting and Custom Rom Forum as there are many great posts about what rooting is, what it does as well as tips.