1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

s3 usual fault

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by ukgtr, May 5, 2014.

1. ukgtr

ukgtr New Member

May 5, 2014

Sponsored Ad

hi, ive got a i9300 running android 4.3 unwilling to make calls, its showing emergency calls only, (what a suprise) if i manually search networks it finds all uk networks but wont register, the sim is fine in my other phone, imei number is there and matches number printed on phone label, after numerous google searches this seems common but im yet to find a solution, please can some one on here help as i do like this phone & its in [perfect condition otherwise

thanks for reading

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Where did you get the phone from? Are you sure it operates on the same frequencies your carrier uses?

What carrier is the SIM from?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. ukgtr

ukgtr New Member

May 5, 2014
    Hi,its unlocked & always worked with the sim in it ( t mobile), aswell as 2 other Sims i have, now it just wont register any sim.
    Thanks for replying
    Ian

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Did you do any kind of app or OS update and it stopped connecting to the networks?

What version is your Jelly Bean?

6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    See if this post helps you....Make sure you are comfortable with the process as you do this at your own risk....It requires you to root the device.

The only solution I have seen requires rooting. I wonder if installing an older version of the OS might restore the device, but no one likes to go back.