1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung Confuses Me With Different Galaxy S II Phones

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by chris, Nov 22, 2011.

1. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Have you tried any of the Turkey Hill brand flavors? There are a number that to me, taste very good. They should be widely available in your area since the company is out of Lancaster.

2. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    I have had a few of them. They had a mojito tea that I really liked, but I can't find it anymore.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    When I was visiting my parents and sister over Thanksgiving, I had an unsweetened black tea infused with honey that my sister's husband had found. OMG, was it smooth. Trying to remember the brand. Have emailed her. I thought it was Turkey Hill as well, but not listed as a flavor on their website. Will post if I get an answer.

Black tea out of a bag is a a little sharp. Infusing it with sometehing to cut that edge works well. I can pretty much drink it sweet or unsweet. That part doesn't bother me. Never been a real sugar fan <G>.

5. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
  6. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Prefer unsweetened when it is warm out. I find it more refreshing. But sometimes I do like tea sweetened with honey. Especially a nice chai or english breakfast tea.

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android

7. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Well, if you haven't tried some of the Arizona's, those might be some good candidates. Can't get much of their product line down in my neck of the woods. Agree that an unsweetened tea (so long as it is ice cold, for me), can be very refreshing.

8. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Arizona's green tea Arnold Palmer is pretty good.

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android

9. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    If I see it around here, I'll check it out. Thanks.

10. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Steve, all the phones that you mentioned are called "droids", as they are all put out by only Verizon. As stated, George Lucas Films license it out to VZW exclusively.

Other carriers carry phones using the Android OS. For example, the Galaxy Nexus. Made for both Verizon and Sprint (I think), but Verizon doesn't call their version a Droid Galaxy, simply the Galaxy Nexus.

That's where confusion is. Only Verizon can label a phone DROID. All can call them Android.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

11. sambhavna

sambhavna Guest

Samsung is trying it defend itself in the smartphone competition by launching multiple phones every month.
    It looks like every week samsung launches 2 new phones.
    Actually the phones are all same but are named differently. With few phones the buttons and screen size is different, the names and branding is also different but finally the hands on experience, UI and everything is same.
    One more thing is that every new device looks so ugly that samsung is using only cheap plastic body covers and the colors looks very dull or dirty.
    Now the Nexus is also a dummy of the Galaxy S2, but the name is different, The issues that exists in S2 and nexus are also the same. The same battery issues and call drop issues, the network is also very weak, if we co-relate all these problems than all together, it means that there is some bug in the OS or the technology and hardware of samsung mobiles are very cheap and poor.

12. rom x

Bronze

Jun 27, 2011
    don't know what mean when say batt issues? my GS2 battery last all day long with heavy use. call quality is also very,very good i can't even remember when the last time i droppped a call. as a matter of fact now that i think of it. i haven't dropped any calls. as far as the plastic body that's my fav part of the phone that i do like. that and gorilla glass. i can't tell you how many times i have dropped my naked GS2 and so far so good it still works no broken glass.

13. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    rom x, I am sure you recognize that sambhavna is on a personal mission to ruin Samsung until he makes them upgrade his phone to ICS. For some reason he seems to think that posting rants and complaints here at eA will get Samsung's attention.

I kind of hope that they do upgrade it so he can see it won't work on ICS. That will give him something new to complain about.

14. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    I think one part of Samsung's strategy to standardize on the "Samsung Galaxy" name and then variate from that is to aggregate the number of units sold for reporting purposes.

It's both very smart and important in the war for the public mindset with Apple. Apple puts out one device upgrade per cycle and then reports millions of units sold. HTC reports millions of phones sold but isn't able to reference a branding. Samsung is able to report millions of "Galaxy" phones sold and gets to bury the variety which is appropriate to the intent of the marketing.

It's Android after all and playing to different consumer tiers and needs is it's advantage. Some people want a keyboard, some don't, some the largest screen, some smaller, some cheaper, some with all the bells and whistles. It's a pro and con but IMO, it's good to be available in the marketplace. Samsung is being smart about having it's cake and eating it too :)

15. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    You are stating a lot of things that are personal opinions as facts. The fact is they are your opinion, which while you are perfectly entitled to hold and have, may not be representative of the larger population. The fact is that every manufacturer sells millions of units across various networks and the explosive growth and use shows that problems are not an issue of the vast majority. So go find a manufacturer you like and enjoy your usage on your preferred network. What is continually posting rants about Samsung going to do for you except for everyone here to tune you out as a viable member of this community?