1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung Epic 4G Forums

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by chris, Jun 28, 2010.

1. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006

Sponsored Ad

New phone, new forum category. Have at it.:dft011:tounge_out

2. davidtwhittle

davidtwhittle New Member

Jul 8, 2010
    4G-New generation phones.And for new generation people,this is the right forum to get info on them.
    So please provide more info on it.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    I think hes trying to say this is new forum therefor information will be provided soon ;) Patience young padawan :D

5. shweber

shweber New Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Okay - why in the world do you need a separate app (after much searching too) to upload multiple photos at one time in Facebook and when trying to connect to computer the usb isn't recognized and never see the option to choose mass storage at all. Any help?

6. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    With the Facebook app, Im thinking its because the FB app itself doesnt allow that.

If the phone isnt recognized it might have to do with a driver OR it might have to do with installing the Sync software.

7. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Which app does the multiple photo uploads?

Sent from my Eris running xtrSense 3.

8. shweber

shweber New Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Not sure what happened to my reply. I have found both photoshop and pipeline (not sure of full name -there is more than one; hd?) that did batch uploads to Facebook. I haven't tried the photoshop one yet. Pipeline worked.

9. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Pipeline doesn't show up in the Market. More info please?

Swyped from my Eris running xtrSense 3.

10. shweber

shweber New Member

Sep 5, 2010
    pipeline

I think I had to put them directly in the search bar - they didn't show up in the photo app search. There are actually more than one pipeline. The first one I downloaded only did one at a time. I think it is Pipeline HD or something like that. I would have to check my phone which isn't near me right now.

11. shweber

shweber New Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Checked. On my phone it is listed as Pixelpipe Photo & Upload and the other is Adobe Photoshop Express

12. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Thank you! Off to the Market.

Swyped from my Eris running xtrSense 3.

13. PeterAbbott

PeterAbbott New Member

Oct 1, 2010
    I'm new at this and am struggling to find some information to confirm or deny that there are Skype applications available for my new Samsung GalaxyEpic 4G Sprint phone. If there is information about a Skype capability, can you help me find it please? Thanks,
    Pete Abbott

14. shweber

shweber New Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Have you tried looking in the Market? I would think it would be available with the camera capabilities that the Epic has, but I really haven't checked. I think the camera actually comes with something like it -- Can't remember the name of it! I'll have to check on it...

15. PeterAbbott

PeterAbbott New Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Skype Options

SHWEBER,
    Thanks for your quick reply. My phone was delivered with the app "QIK" installed. Tech at the Sprint Store says it is a Skype equivalent. We did a quick look at the Market and came up empty as far as a Skype product being available from that source. My guess is that the Market domain I can access from the phone is only a subset of what is really out there and why I posted my first note. I'll make another run through the Market from another computer and see if anything shows up. Pete

16. Bill911

Bill911 New Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Worst thing about the 4g phone is if your in a market say Los Angeles for instance, you still get charged the extra $10.00 a month for 4g service. We don't have 4g here yet.

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4g using Everything Android App

17. PeterAbbott

PeterAbbott New Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Bill911, Thank you for the comment. We have 4G in Baltimore and Annapolis and I'm in those markets frequently. Verizon is about to roll out their 4G service in our region and all the big carriers are going to share 4G capabilities on their towers so when the dominant carrier in LA goes 4G you will get it.

18. Bill911

Bill911 New Member

Oct 5, 2010
    No problem, Peter. Here's something you might not know.
    Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile & others buy airtime for both 3g & 4g because Sprint owns all those towers.
    That's why those other companies charge so much.
    I pay $59.99 for 450 mins, because mostly everyone I call has a cell phone. I never go over my mins. You can even call those prepaid phone and won't get charged.
    Sure Sprint does charge an additional $10.00 a month for 4g, but its eorth it.
    They also charge for moble tethering (Hotspot) & that's a hefty $29.99 extra a month.
    Check out these two sites, they have 4g phone for dirt cheap prices.
    www.gladmart.com
    www.power-deal.com

Sent from my Sprint Epic 4g using Everything Android App