1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Wi-Fi ROM

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by sherri, Dec 26, 2011.

1. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007

Sponsored Ad

I didn't know if I should put this here or in the Tablet section.

Is anyone using custom ROMs on the tablets? Mine came with TouchWiz and Honeycomb 3.1

Rooted it and kept everything stock. The one thing i really disliked was the market app didn't rotate. I know I am in the minority, but I tend to use this in the portrait mode, like a book. Market wouldon't rotate. I tried a few launchers (simple solution first) but the icons were too small for screen.

Are there any launchers that allow this and is optimized for tablets? I installed a custom Rom and everything is working beautifully. Kind of like the Touchwiz, so I will see how this words for now.

Would like to know what others use.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapa'ttalk

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    So wait, you DID install a custom ROM?
    I thought you kept everything stock?

I too have kept my Xoom stock, until I find a good completely working ICS ROM

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Installed Galaxy Task ROM. Based off of Touchwiz. Upgraded pad to 3.2. Main reason was to rotate screen as I wanted. Too many programs were "forced" to stay landscape. There is an apparently that corrects this, but it has to be entered manually. I like it automatically.

Can't decide on launcher. I like that on Go Launcher you can resize icons/Widgets and uninstall both from main screen, but the native launcher has a nicer "look", as icons are made in a bigger size.

Will play later!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk