1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung Galaxy Ace

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Victor Omolo, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Victor Omolo

Victor Omolo New Member

Aug 8, 2012

Sponsored Ad

When I run the clock on my samsung galaxy ace, it automatically locks (screen lock) and loses network until I restart the phone. I've restored factory settings but the problem is still there. Can anyone with a solution assist.

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Can you be a bit more detailed? I am not sure what you mean when you say you run the clock. The clock is always running. Do you mean you try setting an alarm or opening up the clock app or what?

You say you restored factory settings. How did you accomplish that?

Have you had the phone for some time and it worked properly before or did you just get it and it never worked right? Did the problem start after you downloaded and installed a new application?

What OS version are you running? Etc, etc, etc......

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Victor Omolo

Victor Omolo New Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Sorry for the confusion. It happens when the clock app is opened, it will not allow you to go ahead and set the alarm as the screen will immediately lock and you can only operate the phone when you restart it. The problem started two days ago. On restoring factoring, I went to settings>Privacy Settings>Personal Data>Factory data Reset. All the installed applications were wiped but the problem was still there. The phone has been okay until two days ago and if the issue was about applications that I had installed, then I think formatting the phone could have resolved the issue but it did not. The other details are: Android version - 2.3.6, Baseband version - S5830iXXL2, Kernel version - 2.6.35.7 dpi@DELL170*1, Build number - Gingerbread.XXLE1

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Is that a custom ROM or stock?

6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I have seen mention of a problem with Pattern Lock. Do you have Pattern Lock enabled? If so, turn it off, clear the data in the clock app and restart your phone to see if it might work normally again.

7. protonsavy

protonsavy New Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Maybe rooting the phone can solve that? I had some problems which were solved by rooting it