1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung Galaxy Gear Watch

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by stevetaz, Sep 5, 2013.

1. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Well, Samsung had the big reveal yesterday and while it is an interesting piece of technology I am driven to say what were they thinking? Here is one article that actually tries to be upbeat.

I say that because I just can't figure out why they have introduced something so limited yet want to present it as the future. As I understand it the $300 watch is useless without a nice shiny new Samsung Note 3 to interact with. That sure seems like a recipe for disaster to me. At this point there isn't really any info about the pricing for the Note 3, but I am sure it will come in at $600 - $800.

The market, to me, would have been a stand-alone product that doesn't rely on another piece of hardware for its functionality, but maybe that is asking too much at this point in time?

Carry around a super large phablet to interact with an over-sized watch so I can talk into my sleeve?

Sheeesh.....I know. I am just an old fart and not a part of this century.

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I agree with you Steve. How can you develop this product that pairs with a phone and it only works with 3 phones out of the entire Android ecosystem. DUMB.

I am intrigued by an Android watch, however, the Samsung watch I will not be getting. The Sony watch looks nicer, but I will be seeing what Google can come up with.

I don't NEED one, but I like shiny new things. :)

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I too love shiny new things.....