1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung Galaxy Nexus 3 - Soft Brick - Stock

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Wabango, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Wabango

Wabango New Member

Sep 29, 2014

Sponsored Ad

Help is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance for your time.

My situation:

• I have no custom mods, apps, et cetera.
    • I am stuck in a boot loop.
    • I entered recovery mode, cleared the cache, but did not do a factory reset.
    • I get the "OMAP4440 Device Unplugged" error message.

As well, I have spoken to a few techies, and have essentially be told that this error happens with the S3, and that there is nothing I can do.

What I want: to retrieve my data files, media files, pictures, app data, app file, et cetera.

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Sounds like it is a goner. In the future make sure you do frequent backups of data. An SD card to back up items like photos as well as data is a must for times like this. Too late now, but make sure you alter what you do in the future.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Doesn't the S3 allow you to use an SD Card? I'm pretty sure if you HAD one, your photos and what not would be stored on that and not the phones internal storage.

App data/system data would NOT be on there. More and more apps now sync to some cloud server somewhere, so its possible if you reinstall the app, log in with your info it might restore. But that is not the case for all apps.