1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung Galaxy Note is slow and lags

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by crsezzell, Dec 14, 2012.

1. crsezzell

crsezzell New Member

Dec 14, 2012

Sponsored Ad

I've had this Samsung Galaxy Note for about 3 months. It was great and fast in the beginning, then began slowing down and not following prompts...example: when i touch an app to open or even email or play store it would do nothing for approx 10-20 sec and sometimes never open and I had to hold in the power button until it powered off or lock screen page came up. I thought it may be due to apps or the Go launcher that I installed. So I uninstalled the launcher, I cleared cache, deleted apps and moved apps to sd and it was still slow. I ended up restoring back to factory settings which made it like new again. ......but what a headache getting it personalized again. It has been maybe 6 weeks since I restored it and for the past 2-3 weeks it has been slow and lagging just the same as before. I never put a launcher on it after the first restore thinking that the stock launcher would keep it faster.....WRONG! The stock launcher isn't as nice and is now just as slow as before. I really like the phone but Im very annoyed with this issue. If anyone has any advise that can help solve this issue please send it my way....or else Im taking it back to AT&T and who knows what then.....thanks!!

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I have never used a Note so I have no personal experience to share. I have been reading many posts all over the web discussing lag in the Note and the Note 2. Some seemed to indicate the upgrade to ICS started the lag issues for the original Note.

I did find this YouTube video that claims the lag in the home screen and scrolling is resolved for their Note 2 and others indicateing the fix worked for their original Note. Seems worth it to try.

Certainly could be related to the amount of bloatware carriers load phones with along with apps running in the background, but you don't seem to have the issue until you have been running the device for a few weeks. That would indicate possible memory issues or app conflicts.

I hope you can find a resolution. Let us know how you make out.....

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. RL52

RL52 New Member

Aug 2, 2012
    the problem lies in touchwiz and at&t.... try to root and install an aokp custom rom like "rootbox"... that will help a lot

5. Watcher

Bronze

Aug 24, 2012
    My advice is, if you can return it at no penalty, do so... and get a Note II! :D