1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung galaxy s2 charger help

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by leofreshness, Oct 4, 2012.

1. leofreshness

leofreshness New Member

Oct 3, 2012

Sponsored Ad

i have a Samsung galaxy s2 and i got those chargers where you plug in your USB cord into the charger then plug it into the wall. and when the charger is plugged in to the wall socket, but the phone is not plugged in, it whinnies, it emits a very high pitch noise even when i plug it into the phone. its very annoying what should i do

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Feed it? J/K....

Is this charger an after-market one that is not Samsung branded? Where did you buy it and has it always made this noise?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. leofreshness

leofreshness New Member

Oct 3, 2012
    it came with the phone from the person i bought it from. and i don't think its a after market one cuz on it, it says Samsung and all of that stuff. and on the back it says travel adapter if that helps

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    You should ask the previous owner if they experienced the same. If you can speak with them.

I have seen many reports through the years about people hearing similar noises. Often they would say the noise occurs when the phone is between 90% and 100% charged and after the charge was completed the noise stopped. I am also not sure if it is an indication of a bad charger, a bad, battery or charging circuit or if it is just a noise and nothing bad will happen.

Personally, if it was mine I would not use that charger and I would buy a new one.....Just in case. But that's me.

You could try seeing if it makes the noise even after the charge is complete and decide what you are comfortable doing.

Most important is that if you notice the phone or battery gets excessively warm while charging I would unplug and stop using that charger.

Let us know what you do.....

6. leofreshness

leofreshness New Member

Oct 3, 2012
    from like 5% to like 20% the charging was very slow and not only that it keeped on beeping telling me to plug in my charger which it alredy was and that i should close all apps which i had no app open. and some times it would beep to tell me to charge like 5 times in a row. but now it at 30% and so for no beeps or noise. but it has been charging since morning

7. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    No question. Replace it. Something is wrong. Are you sure the battery is in good condition?

• Like Like x 1
  8. leofreshness

leofreshness New Member

Oct 3, 2012
    i dont now i think i will just get a new charger if that doesn't help i will just replace my battery

9. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Do you have a friend with a charger or battery you could try first?

10. leofreshness

leofreshness New Member

Oct 3, 2012
    no but i read other forums and its most likely the charger