1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung Galaxy S3 IMAP sent mails problems

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by fikus1234, Mar 11, 2013.

1. fikus1234

fikus1234 New Member

Mar 11, 2013

Sponsored Ad

Hi all,
    I have a problem.
    A freemail (register.com) Imap account (also set up in computer and iPad) is set up in SGS3 .
    When SGS3 is connected to the mailbox the sent emails content (messages) are filling up.
    Finally the mailbox is filled up by messy messages (about 45000 messages).
    Could You give me any advance that can help?
    Thanks,
    Lukas

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Everything Android

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Can you clarify what you mean a bit more?Are the same messages in the PC and iPad? Are these messages you actually have sent? What do you mean by messy messages?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. fikus1234

fikus1234 New Member

Mar 11, 2013
    The messages are synchronizes in PC and iPad.
    When the problematic email IMAP account is in Samsung Galaxy S3 deactivated, there is no problem.
    Otherwise, there are appearing sent mails (they were really sent in a history) which can lead to the full IMAP account.
    When I delete them (on PC, iPad, webmail) they appears again.
    It's very annoying.

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Are you saying that emails you have sent, but deleted using another device (PC and/or iPad) come back when the Galaxy is connected to that mail server?

6. fikus1234

fikus1234 New Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Yes, exactly...
    In case that in Samsung Galaxy S3 is the problematic email active, messages after delete appears on IMAP account and goes back to PC, iPad.

I'm using the default email client in SGS3.
    L.

7. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Have you gone through the settings for your register.com account? I see they do have one for "don't keep copies of any messages". Is that checked?

There seem to be so many little oddities that happen with the various email account providers across all the different platforms that can't seem to be solved it can get very frustrating. Your issue appears to be one of those little oddities so you may have to try several things such as upgrade to a newer/older version of the email client if available or the same for your Android OS version. Sometimes just deleting an app, doing a hard reboot, reinstalling and rebooting again can resolve strange issues.

Try deleting the account from your device, reboot, reinstall and reboot again to see if anything changes.