Samsung Galaxy S3, US version or International?

Discussion in 'Samsung Android Phones' started by MaybeSheWill, Jun 23, 2012.

1. MaybeSheWill

MaybeSheWill New Member

Simple, which is better? The US version is only a dual(1.5GHz) but it has 2GB of ram, more than the international which is a Quad-core 1.4 GHz, 1gb of ram.
    So.. Chipset, CPU, GPU, which one is better?
    A little specs... if anyone know's what they are looking at (I honestly have no idea which is better)
    GPU - ARM Mali-400 MP4 (I've heard this is better, international version) vs Qualcomm Adreno 225
    CPU - 1.4 GHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 (International) vs 1.5 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Krait
    SoC - Samsung Exynos 4 Quad (International) vs Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM8960
    Ram - 1GB vs 2GB

2. stevetaz

Which is better may fully depend on where you are. You should concern yourself with which will work on your carrier's network as there are differences between the North American network frequencies and the rest of the planet.

As I understand it the processor difference is due to the dual core version being friendlier to the LTE systems in the US and Canada. Not sure why the 2gb vs 1gb unless it is just to offer more....at a higher price?

Here is a bit of info that may give you some helpful specs to dig into. Let us know what you take from it and if it clarifies anything for you.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Also, I believe TMobile's network is closest to the European systems.

5. MaybeSheWill

MaybeSheWill New Member

Im on ATT, and as I (to a point) understand that they have LTE 4g but it's not as good as others so Ill just be with 3g. So it's mainly on which is better, Im not sure if 2gb of ram is better than 4 cores. (After I posted this though, I found a site and they were saying nothing really will use all of the phone (all 4 cores) and a dual core with 2gb is better, does anyone have any insight on this?)
    The link you gave was actually where I got the specs to post here, I didn't really get anything from it

6. stevetaz

How you evaluate what is better will not necessarily match up with what someone else thinks is better. When you ask a question like that you should define what you are planning to use it for.

That said, my opinion is I will always look for the greater amount of memory over the processor spec especially because I don't do gaming on the phone. It also appears to me there aren't many applications that can take advantage of the quad core yet so it will be some time before that really is an advantage.

Like in a PC double the memory will make an immediate difference in the ability to open apps and run them especially when there are background apps using memory.

Just my opinion.....

7. rom x

Bronze

im going to pickup the att version cause im in a good lte4g area and would much rather have faster internet speeds than a quadcore cpu. JMO.