1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung Galaxy S3 US version?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by TarekElsakka, Oct 27, 2012.

1. TarekElsakka

Bronze

Oct 27, 2012

Sponsored Ad

Hey there

I live in Egypt and my network provider is MobinilEgy. It uses GSM and 3G (not 4G/LTE here). I am offered a brand new Galaxy S3 (US version, though) for a very good price. Do you think my sim card would work on it and would 3G work on it as well?

I searched the forum here in order to read about the difference in specifications and I don't think I'd benefit from a Quad-Core since I am not a heavy user or anything, and this will be my very first Android so.. yea :D

Thank you guys!

2. Watcher

Bronze

Aug 24, 2012
    Make sure it's factory unlocked or else you won't be able to use it over there! The SIM and 3G should be fine.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. TarekElsakka

Bronze

Oct 27, 2012
    Thank you, it is. Turns out there was an error in his thread, though, he accidentally listed a different price than the one he wanted to sell for, therefore I am going to skip buying it. I am now looking at the HTC One X.

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I have heard good things about the One X.

Tarek, do I know you from EB? Welcome to eA.....

6. TarekElsakka

Bronze

Oct 27, 2012
    Hey there, Steve! Yes, sir, I remember seeing that name and avatar on EBB as well. :D

I went from iPhones to BlackBerries and now hopefully to Androids.. and most likely the HTC One X.

Thanks!

7. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    International or US version? Get the biggest storage size you can get since it doesn't have a uSD slot. If you don't have LTE then get the international version. HTC Sense its still my favorite OEM skin.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2