1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung Galaxy

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by ihrony, Aug 21, 2012.

1. ihrony

ihrony Guest

Sponsored Ad

is SAMSONG GALAXY 3 better then IPHONE-5?
    when IPHONE-5 will in market?
    i am thinking buy a phone among this 2.
    which is the best?

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Since the iToy5 has not yet been released it is kind of difficult to evaluate anything about it.

It is also difficult for anyone to say what phone would be best for you. You have to evaluate what you will use it for, what services are available to you and how each device feels in your hand along with how the operation of each feels to you.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Dave Cote

Dave Cote New Member

Aug 22, 2012
    I have a Samsung Tmobile Galaxy SII and it's the best phone I've ever owned. my iPhone is in a drawer:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Watcher

Bronze

Aug 24, 2012
    I can back this up and say that my Samsung Galaxy Nexus is the best mobile device I've ever used and I don't even know where my iPhone 4 is right now...

If you think I didn't like Apple's iPhone before, just look at my same name over on the EverythingiCafe forums!

6. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    Wow, that's some really strong words there. Is it running JB or ICS? I'm expecting JB for my GS3 in 1 to 2 weeks. I'm pretty sure it's out for the North American versions but I've the international one.

7. Erick Kincaid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2011
    It depends on you... i recommends you to use SAMSONG GALAXY 3. I have no idea about Iphone 5 date of release.

8. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy New Member

Nov 30, 2011
    How can we give an opinion on a device that doesn't exist yet? You're on an Android forum so the majority is going to biased. The only way to see what fits you best is to wait for the next generation iPhone to become available to the public so you can make a fair assessment between the two devices.

9. Watcher

Bronze

Aug 24, 2012
    Yeah, I know they're strong words but mostly because I'm amazed at what I've been missing with Android. The iPhone and Apple served me well for the time I had it but I knew I was overdo for a change since I couldn't seem to live without jailbreaking the iPhone 4. And like I've said on the everythingicafe forums, it was like dipping iOS in Android sauce! I've applied most of the tweaks I had on jailbreak but with stock on my Galaxy Nexus. However, in addition, I did install Adobe Flash Player, something you can't even do by jailbreaking an iPhone. ;)

And yes it's running Jelly Bean 4.1.1 which updated OTA as soon as I put a SIM card in it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. mikearnill

mikearnill New Member

Aug 30, 2012
    I will recommend you to go for samsung galaxy s3, I mean it would be kind of smart bet. It have damn huge screen, brilliant touch, smart user controls and have many other cool stuffs.

11. Frunobulax

Frunobulax New Member

Oct 14, 2009
    I can back up Watcher's identity on everythingicafe. I'm a mod there, though I don't visit there anymore (that should give any old eiCers a clue). I think I'm going to give the S III a test drive. I've tested a couple of Android phones in the past and want to see if the UI has improved appreciably with time. My eyes also need the larger screen for comfort; I'm not as young as I used to was. :)

12. Frunobulax

Frunobulax New Member

Oct 14, 2009
    It's nice to see a fair, unbiased reply here.

13. mikearnill

mikearnill New Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Can't say anything about iphone 5, but yeah I can assure you that samsung galaxy s3 is the current smartest phone on the planet. Iphone 5 designs is out but it's features are still kind of mystery.

14. Watcher

Bronze

Aug 24, 2012
    Now I'm trying to figure out who you were over there since you used to be a mod. :)

15. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    BTW, I think Nova Launcher is visually quite close to the stock Android UI. Comparatively TouchWiz, the stock launcher on the SGS3, is a very different UI.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

16. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    This could be a clue for you....

17. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    You may do better to simply read the phone review sites for the phones you are interested in, rather than to solicit inherently personal opinions. There are dozens of phone review sites that dissect software, hardware, camera, UI, battery life, etc., and do so pretty thoroughly and well. In my *personal* opinion, that type of information, read and assimilated over multiple sites, coupled with my own hands-on play time in the stores, gives me a much better feel for the right device or me, rather than asking people who either don't know me or only know me through interactions on this forum. There are GREAT people on this forum....but really...how is anyone of them supposed to tell you what you would like and be happy with ??

18. Watcher

Bronze

Aug 24, 2012
    Oh my God! I am absolutely SPEECHLESS!!!! :confused::eek::censored:

19. rom x

Bronze

Jun 27, 2011
    well we now know what the ip5 has to offer and i still say the GSIII is still a better all around phone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. loustewart

loustewart Member

Jun 4, 2012
    In the aspect of the design, the Samsung Galaxy S3 will be more attractive than the iPhone 5.

21. rajeevk

rajeevk New Member

Sep 25, 2012
    In my opinion , the latest buzz in the market is Samsung Galaxy Note 2, very futuristic, technology wise very updated and sound with amazing quad core processor with 2 GB RAM.
    Go for it.