1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung updated but don't know if Jelly Bean?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by EQBob, May 21, 2014.

1. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007

Sponsored Ad

samsung pushed an update this morning to my Note 3 which took a long time (10+ minutes) and was successful. I have no idea however if it was jelly bean or not. Everything looks the same. Don't know what to look for to say oh,...this is operating differently,

Under settings, general, about phone, android version, it says android version is 4.4.2. Is that Jelly Bean?

The update history says SMB-N900V_MJE_ to _NC4_

how is anybody normal supposed to know where they are at with that kind of information?

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    KitKat....Mine updated Monday...

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
  5. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    I meant to say KitKat not jelly bean.
    If it is KitKat, I still don't know what is should look for for being different,

6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Did you look at any of the links I provided^^ ?

7. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Our posts crossed the time space continuum. I had not seen yours when I posted my last one. May not have refreshed my iPad page prior to posting again,

I thank you for the links which on a quick perusal on breaks (was in training all day) provided some very good information.

Was particularly interested in the phone screenshots because mine certainly does not look like that, but that may be samsung vs stock android related.

So yes and thank you again and will be reading more.

8. nilofar shaikh

Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Could you point out the difference between the Lollipop and Marshmallow?

9. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    This thread was for Kitkat, 2 years ago.

10. EdwardSmith36

EdwardSmith36 New Member

Jan 2, 2016
    why don't you upgrade your handset to kitkat version, it is pretty good as compared to jelly bean.

11. Angelica

Angelica New Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Its best for you