1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Screen Protector/Sensitivity Issue

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by fcasteve, Nov 8, 2009.

1. fcasteve

fcasteve New Member

Nov 8, 2009

Sponsored Ad

I installed the screen protector for my new Driod, and now it's very insensitive to touch. Quite annoying not to be able to use the touch screen effectively!

A sticker on the screen protector said to change screen sensitivity in 'Settings'. I can't find anywhere that can be done.

HELP!!!

2. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    I've looked everywhere for an answer for ya it looks as if there is no answer there is no touch screen settings on the droid, verizon pushes all their "accessories" all the time. I think someone needs to tell them not to push people to buy the screen protector if the phone has a capacitive screen protector reason being it needs to feel the finger and with the screen there it will not.

I ordered a screen protector online last week ill try it and see if it works n let you guys know. The funny thing is that the screen cover that was on the phone that one ur supposed to pull off wrked fine until it peeled off lol.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009

What brand of protector did you buy? The guy at Best Buy sold me a protector called"Invisible Shield by Zagg". He said it was the best and had a lifetime warranty. Best Buy charges to install it. I'm afraid to put it on myself and ruin the phone. Is this the one you installed? If so I will just return it.

5. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    did you get the "privacy" protector? i got that one because i wanted to A. protect the screen and B. it is anti glare in sunlight.

it is a think protector, and i do have some minor sensitivity issues but it isn't a huge problem.

did you put it on or did they? make sure all of the bubbles are out of it. don't be afraid to really press hard to work out the bubbles.

6. fcasteve

fcasteve New Member

Nov 8, 2009
    I got the privacy filter/protector. I saw on other forums that it doesn't work at all and Verizon is pulling the product. I guess I'll take it back for a refund. What a freakin' hassle. :dft007:angry

7. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    Well I have the same privacy filter/protector you bought and mine works almost fine. Once in a while it's a pain, buy worth the protection. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. It just needs to be applied properly.