1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Screenshots

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by connnie, Mar 23, 2010.

1. connnie

Bronze

Nov 6, 2009

Sponsored Ad

I've been researching how to take screenshots, and most of the way requires rooting or downloading the SDK. There is an app call Dxtop Home that lets you take a screen shot of home screens ONLY. I am hoping some developer out there makes an app for taking screenshots until they decide to add it tho the phone. I am wishing I knew how right now because I might make a lot of money. Anyways, my question for anyone who has downloaded Dxtop Home, I am taking the screenshot but the background comes out black?? The clock, weather, and all widgets show and so do the icons but no background? Am I doing something wrong?

2. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Home++ is free, and also allows screenshots of the homescreen...

People have been looking for this for a while. I use the SDK method when I am at my pc.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. sulster

Bronze

Nov 17, 2006
    So, no one has made an app for this yet? Wow, that seems pretty odd.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    There is an app that takes screen shots that doesnt require root but for the life of me I cant remember, I think Sherri posted it somewhere here, or she will chime in shortly :)

6. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Good morning! Some have had success with "drocap2" w/out root (only on some phones....) and others have said "ShootMe" works without root...
    Same thing with the app "Screen Shot It"...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

7. sulster

Bronze

Nov 17, 2006
    Thanks, y'all for the replies. I checked out both of those and they don't seem to work on my Droid X. Oh well!

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Roooooooooooooooot!! :)

9. sulster

Bronze

Nov 17, 2006
    Why would I? ;)

10. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    *Shurgs*
    Cuz you can :)

11. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    It's fun. It's like that whole jumping off the bridge thing without the danger of a shallow river below.

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android App

12. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Have a friend who did that. Broke his neck! Thank God he is fine now!

No "real" need to root. I wanted my damn blinking lights back on! Worked when I bought phone, do I knew it had the capabilities. Upgrade (way back when) to 2.0.1 removed it. Only a custom ROM fixed it. (This seems to be a Motorola Droid problem, as my sisters Incredible had a blinking light while screen is on.....Not sure of the notifications showing in pull down bar with screen on...Again, ROM on Droid fixed for me.)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

13. sulster

Bronze

Nov 17, 2006
    Ha ha! I am trying to leave my "monkey with the phone" days behind me in WinMo 6.5 land. Or at least the major monkeying with the phone... :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android App

14. t3chn1k4l

t3chn1k4l Member

Jan 30, 2008
    Sometimes monkeying with the phone is the only way to get the good updates. Like in my case, Alltel doesn't release updates ever. I'd still be stuck running 2.1 if I left it up to them, but thanks to rooting I have Gingerbread on my phone now.

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android App

15. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    No need to wait on carriers thanks to leaks and developers and source files :)

16. I8qbert

Bronze

Aug 24, 2008
    Tried different rom's but keep coming back to the stock rom for my dinc. I do like being rooted though.

Sent from my Droid

17. t3chn1k4l

t3chn1k4l Member

Jan 30, 2008
    Yeah, really. I'm loving the CyanogenMod. The nightlies were a little too glitchy for me, so I'm glad a stable CM7 was released.

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android App

18. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    I haven't seen a stable CM 7 for the Droid, and I thought Cyanogen didn't support the Milestone at all? I am runnin RC7, which is ok...May go back to nightlies.

19. t3chn1k4l

t3chn1k4l Member

Jan 30, 2008
    Well, I'm running RC 7 as well. Technically, not stable, but not nearly as glitchy as the nightlies. As far as supporting the milestone, it's basically a Droid with a different name. The only problem I've noticed since going to 7 is that I can no longer send mms. Receiving them is fine, but I haven't had any success with forwards or original messages. I'm guessing it has something to do with the ROM being built for Verizon phones and I'm on Alltel.

Sent from my Droid

20. kennygee

kennygee New Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Running CM7.0.3 as of last night and so far it amazing. Everything works perfect. MMS sends just fine.

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android

21. kennygee

kennygee New Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Oh, and btw, this is the first rom I've run so this might be old news but MAN the battery lasts waaaaay longer.

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android