1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Second screen using "direct" wifi (no server)

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by ozflyer, Jan 15, 2013.

1. ozflyer

ozflyer New Member

Jan 15, 2013

Sponsored Ad

Hi Guys,
    I'm looking for a app or way to use my tablet as a second screen, laptop (win7) to tablet (android 4) using "direct" wifi.
    Application: to run navigation software on a boat using a bluetooth mouse operating a laptop in the cabin. The tablet would be the secondary display unit in the cockpit.
    The "standard" screen sharing apps seem to all utilize a common wifi server (wifi modem) and don't allow for "direct" communication.
    Thanks for any help, Joe

2. uchat

uchat New Member

Mar 23, 2013
    Don't have exact answer, but if you have another android phone, you can use it to create wifi hotspot, and then join laptop and tablet with that hotspot. They will be able to talk to each other through the phone

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I am not aware of an app like that, but could a Remote Desktop application serve your purpose?

Take a look at RedFly Screen Slider for Android. $.99.... Not sure about the BlueTooth mouse. What distance are you spanning from the mouse to the laptop?

#3 stevetaz, Mar 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013