1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

seperate tones for text and emails?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by brokenelbow, Dec 15, 2009.

1. brokenelbow

brokenelbow New Member

Jul 13, 2006

Sponsored Ad

I have figured out how to get a sepaerate tone for phone calls and then another for emails and texts.

I would now like to make sepaerate tones for emails and then a different tone for texts.

Is that possible?

Thanks for your help

2. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Yes it is ... open gmail>menu>settings>ringtone
    Then do the same in messenging etc...

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. animal

Bronze

Nov 16, 2009
    If your using the email with the yellow @, then press the menu button (the one that is several lines, like a list) there is a section for notifications if you drag it down. Its default, is default, but you can set it to something else. I'm not sure if there is a way to set a seperate sound for gmail. With the "missed call" app you can even set a different status light color for emails though. Hope this helps

5. brokenelbow

brokenelbow New Member

Jul 13, 2006
    thanks

thanks for everyone for the help

6. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Your Welcome !!! :dft012:wink

7. lehman44

lehman44 New Member

Jun 25, 2008
    how do you do custom ringtones for email, sms, calendar, google talk? I can do custom ringtones for phone calls but that is it. Are the ring tones for phone calls a different format from the other notification tones?

8. toosmoove

toosmoove New Member

Feb 14, 2007
    You can make/download a tone from myxer.com. I downloaded the yahoo yodle & it's now an alert tone option for my email. But you have to go thru myxer, otherwise it'll just be a ringtone, unless someone else has any notification suggestions.

9. Vazguard

Bronze

Jan 10, 2008
    If you have a music file you want to cut into a ringtone, Ringdroid is a great app that can cut and set ringtones and alarms from mp3s. There are also apps like Zedge with have databases of ringtones which you can set straight from the phone.

10. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    You can mount your storage card from a PC and make a folder named "Ringtones" and "Notifications" and just drag mp3's to those folders. You will now be able see them in the drop downs to apply as you wish.

11. Animal~is~awake

Animal~is~awake New Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Zedge Ringtones & Wallpapers App.

I use the Zedge Ringtones & Wallpapers app that's available in the Android Market. I download the ringtones and notification tones to my SD card. Then you can set them wherever you want to. I'm using a sirens ringtone for the default alarm clock. It really gets your attention. Zedge has some really cool robotic sounding downloads that sounds great coming from a Droid. Zedge has the best selection of ringtones and wallpapers I've found at any app. There is a very large selection of both ringtones and wallpapers.

The Astro File Manager helps organizing all of them after you download them. I've used this to copy the ringtone and wallpaper files for friends of mine that doesn't have a Android phone so they can have some of these.

Another Droid Addict
    Animal