1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Setting Up My New Incredible

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by cantwait, Jul 22, 2010.

1. cantwait

cantwait New Member

Jul 22, 2010

Sponsored Ad

I just ordered my Incredible and I'm really excited for it to arrive! I just had some questions for all of you who have had a chance to tinker with your phones already.

What apps do you recommend? Is there anything that really makes your life easier or is super helpful or cool? I'm a college student, so anything that helps me stay organized or keeps me entertained would be great!

What accessories do you recommend, especially cases? I'm a klutz and I worry that I'm going to do some serious damage to the phone without a good case on it. Which cases do you like? What other accessories do you use and recommend?

Any advice? General tips and tricks to using the phone, helping with battery life, etc?

Thanks everyone!

2. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    I don't have the Incredible, I have the Droid. I do not know what kind of calendar app comes installed on Incredible, but if it is the "basic" Google calendar, I would suggest installing the app (free) "Jorte". The widgets are great, and it allows you to put tasks in as well. Much more organized than the native app!

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    I haven't seen Jorte. I use Android Agenda Widget.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    i use the same widget
    have my calendars broken up with different colors, personal, business, my wifes, birthdays
    so it breaks it up nicely with the native app

6. caroleriordan

Bronze

Jun 25, 2010
    I have the incredible and I use Jorte as well it does everything you need and the widget is great

sent from my incredible

7. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    #6 Weapondrift, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014
  8. caroleriordan

Bronze

Jun 25, 2010
    I bought a hard case from a Verizon store I think they are more protective when you have a big screen

sent from my incredible

9. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Bump charging??? Is that like where you use a tennis racket to bump your phone off the wall to charge it?

10. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    after you are fully charged over night
    and the light is green, unplug, turn the phone off and then plug it back in (with the phone off) it should charge or another 20 min or so and add extra battery life for the rest of the day

11. cantwait

cantwait New Member

Jul 22, 2010
    I'll check out Jorte and Android Agenda Web.

Thanks for the info on bump charging. Have you noticed a difference in battery life during the day from doing it?

The "Must Have Apps" thread looks super helpful--thank you! I'll take a look when I have more time.

Thanks for all of the suggestions so far! Keep them coming!

Oh, I'm also looking at a Seidio case. Anyone have one?

12. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Yea I can tell a difference with the bump charge. I don't do it all the time though.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android app

13. lady_bugz22

lady_bugz22 New Member

Jul 25, 2010
    I have the Evo and have been using the Seidio Innocase II which I loved, but wanted something with a little more protection so I ordered & just received the Seidio Innocase Active. So far I'm really liking it although pushing the power button does take some getting use to as the power button and volume buttons are covered. I don't have as much trouble pushing the volume buttons as I do the power button but it's not a deal breaker.