1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Settings on top of Screen

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Alkali, May 28, 2013.

1. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010

Sponsored Ad

My dear friends,
    I greatly missed settings on top of my Galaxy S3 screen when replaced it with the Htc One. Please any very good Application that will do same for me in the store? I mean GPS,Bloototh, hotspot and the works. Thanks very much.

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Since leaving HTC I am enjoying that part of the S3....

Don't know what can replace it, but I have to guess there is something. I will look around if I have a chance...

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010
    Thanks Stevetaz. I will be most grateful.

5. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    Try notification toggles.

Sent from my Nexus 4

6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008

That one looks good as does Power Toggles.

7. TarekElsakka

Bronze

Oct 27, 2012
    When I had the HTC One X, I really wanted toggles in the notification bar as well, and after trying to many applications I settled for this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...rch_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5qaW0yIl0.

It's not that easy to configure but you'll get the hang of it, it's definitely the best one I have ever used. I then got the S3 and didn't have to worry about that, but I got the One today and I started missing, but then realized that 4.2.2 (Android Revolution HD and of course the coming update) will have toggles integrated in the system so that's awesome!

8. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    Thanks, have my wife on a stock H.One.

Sent from my Nexus 4

9. TarekElsakka

Bronze

Oct 27, 2012
    Ah okay. I actually installed it last night after I posted the link even though I am on 4.2.2. It's just a great application and very customizable. The very first thing I always do is remove the battery icon on the top left of the status bar because it is unnecessary, but unfortunately the only problem with that is that it leaves an empty place on the left as though it is there.

EDIT: Actually, that issue was fixed with a reboot. :D

10. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Tarik, why do you feel the battery icon is unnecessary? How do you keep track of the battery status?

11. TarekElsakka

Bronze

Oct 27, 2012
    Well, I kind of get paranoid every time the battery drops a percentage because I have had really bad experiences battery-wise with the HTC One X and the Galaxy S3 and therefore I am scared about the HTC One after paying so much for it, lol. I have Better Battery Stats and another application which I use to keep track of the battery and all its statistics, but I'll only enable the percentage in the status bar and the nice circular widget after I let the new ROM I installed yesterday (Android Revolution HD 10.2) completely settle, which is in about a week or so. That's when I can really test the battery life. I can tell that so far, though, it has been amazing! It does not drain at all overnight. Last night I went to sleep at around 1:30 AM and woke up at 6:30 AM and it was still at 100%, which is amazing.

12. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    Nice.

Sent from my Nexus 4

13. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Hmmmm....Two apps that use battery power to monitor how your battery is doing...... And you won't use the battery icon that comes with the device....

Makes sense I guess.....:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. TarekElsakka

Bronze

Oct 27, 2012
    You're right. Do you think BetterBatteryStats actually consumes power enough to drain the battery, though? I doubt it. I do not feel like the stock battery application under Settings gives me sufficient information.

15. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Any application that runs uses power. Is it a hog? I am pretty sure it is not, but it does use some. Is it enough to worry about? Probably not......

Just making a point! :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. TarekElsakka

Bronze

Oct 27, 2012
    Haha I know man. I actually decided to remove both applications and will reinstall them in a week and give them two days to give me correct statistics.