1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Shipped-roms.com coming to a close

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Weapondrift, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Due to infringements violations with shipped-roms.com and htc, said website will most likely be closing in a few weeks time. I recommend you all get some files while you have the chance

http://www.shipped-roms.com/

Beta

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/02/conflipper-says-shipped-roms-is-here-to-stay-will-cooperate-w/
    *update*

Looks like its here to stay! Conflipper was able to make a deal of sorts with HTC regarding certain files that HTC did not want posted therefor Conflipper will adhere to this. also he may have worked out a deal with being a licensing partner with them! I know hes been under the weather at his current job, but see good things do happen when the worst is upon us!

2. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Doesn't look like they've been around too long. Can't they just remove the stuff HTC has a problem with and stick around?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    How will this fair against custom roms like the ones for the Droid and rooting?

Or is this just for official HTC roms they are hosting for public consumption?

5. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    It looks like they are asking for only those of HTC to be removed...hopefully this wont mean that other companies will follow suit. As far as sticking around...assuming a lawsuit doesnt follow I would go ahead and prepare yourselves while you can.

Im curius as well, since they arent officially "protected" I assume they will probably become obsolete similar to the roms ive seen for the WM devices.

6. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    I think what makes this more of a "hit close to home" is that the site is owned by an acquaitence of mine named Conflipper. (Hockey you might have seen me twitter him a few times) I know for a fact some of those roms he has actually asked permission first so this is a weird situation...

Beta

7. I8qbert

Bronze

Aug 24, 2008
    I think HTC just was not comfortable with all those ROMs being under one roof. You will still be able to find them it will just be a bit more time consuming.