Droid sholes mod updater app

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Phones' started by dragonfly, Feb 11, 2010.

1. dragonfly

Bronze

Has anyone actually tried this app yet? saw it just now in the market wasnt sure if i wanted to give it a try or not, wondering if it actually roots your phone for you. curious if anyone else has used it.

if not any volunteers? says you can revert back to 2.0.1 if you want/need to.

2. Boostinmech

Boostinmech New Member

i have tried this app and yes it roots your phone and gives you the option once you root to return back to stock as well as return to there ROM as well. its really easy too. i did it in less then 15 minutes and was roooted with no issues at all. also look into getting setcpu... so you can overclock up to 1ghz. absolutely great app!!!:dft010:big_smile

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. dragonfly

Bronze

You are correct after I posted the message last night i gave it a try it was pretty neat, however i was afraid that if i had rooted the droid and the OTA update came it could brick the phone from what I read on the internet about the updates, so i just reverted back to the stock without the root. was cool to have screen grabber which was a screen shot app, but id rather not take the chance and have the phone bricked when the OTA came through even though it was prob. a slim to non chance it would happen.

5. tj!2k6

Bronze

AFAIK, the official OTA update has been disabled in sholes...

6. teddyearp

Bronze

Actually, it's the SPR 0.99.2b and up that does this. And it only actually disables the automatic update by giving you a prompt.

@ dragonfly, just rooting your phone will not brick it when (or if, lol) the 2.1 OTA update gets pushed to our phones. It depends on what you've done after you root it, i.e. remove some of the stock apps, etc. The 2.1 will probably (if you use to OTA version) remove root access so any apps that you might have gotten used to liking will no longer work.

7. Rosemarry

Rosemarry Guest

What separates the Sholes mod from all the other ROMS is that it can root your Droid for you and do all the tricky stuff that I a non technical savvy person wouldn't know how to do. Also it allows for easy updates through there Sholes mod updated in the Android app store. Now lets root our Droid, flash the recovery image and install a whole new fresh operating system!

8. sherri

Gold

You are obviously "techier" than me, as I have no idea what that means! (Actually, I do, just don't "get the point"!!)

9. gnath9

Silver

I use rom manager and have Froyo 2.2 with adobe 10.1 flash and wifi tether !!!
    There are lots of benifits being rooted. But its not for everyone as things can go bad, but that's half the fun ... lol