Should I buy the Samsung Galaxy tab?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Tab' started by Meghley, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meghley

Meghley Guest

I just want to ask about your opinions on the Samsung Galaxy Tab. Is it worth buying? what would you most likely use it for? Should I buy the Galaxy tab or an Iphone 4?

2. Weapondrift

Gold

Gnath has an android tablet, Im not sure weither its the Samsung or not but he LOVEs it!

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Yea, Gnath has the Tab and absolutely loves it. He keeps talking about ditching the Droid once his contract is up and sticking with the tab and a dumbphone.

Before you buy a Tab, check out the Xoom comes with Android 3.0 and killer specs and a WiFi only version is $599 about the same as the Tab. I also think Samsung is coming out with a new Tab shortly, 10.1". Lots of tablet buzz!

5. EQBob

Silver

You're really talking two VERY different form factors there. A tablet vs a phone. Is your question tablet vs. phone (like iPad to iPhone or Galaxy Tab to Galaxy S phone)? or is the question IOS vs. Android in either tablets or phone.

I have an iPad and love it. Use it daily for all manner of things. My wife has one as well. I also have a Samsung Fascinate Galaxy S phone and love it.

But I would never say they are interchangeable.

6. gnath9

Silver

I still love my Galaxy Tab !!! It really is an ultra portable device. I dont think I would carry around a 10 inch tab every where I go like I do with my tab. As Hockey stated ... I do see myself dropping my Droid mainly because I don't make many calls anyway.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Everything Android App

7. Gekon

Gekon New Member

Im an owner of Galaxt Tab 10.1. Imo you should wait for a new version with better resolution.

8. At thi time I am using Samsung Galaxy tab which is working for me very well..I am loving it...

9. matthewdroid023

matthewdroid023 New Member

There is no comparision between Galaxy Tab and Iphone 4. I hate iphone 4 to be honest! The Galaxy Tab is simply amazing. The biggest plus point of it is that it has android 4.0.1 which makes it the best. I would suggest you to go for it.

10. mikearnill

mikearnill New Member

I guess you should buy, it will be kind of smart bet. It have damn huge screen, smart user controls, brilliant touch and have many other cool functions. I think you should go for it and won't hesitate for a moment to but it.

11. tsywaiyuan

tsywaiyuan Guest

I love sumsung galaxy . and also bought one

12. nothingtofear

nothingtofear Member

The Tab is amazing..go for the Galaxy Note Tab 800...it has received a good review..

13. Poquito

Poquito New Member

I love mine! I use it for everything. And it's super easy to deal with from a tech end (ROM's/Rooting/OverClocking/Etc).

The only downside I can think of, is that it doesn't have an SD Card slot. You can use one with an adapter. You will need an OTG/Host cable though (a few inches long) with the Tab's connector on one end and a USB connector on the other, to hook USB sticks to it. Or, as I said, you can connect an adapter and slide an SD Card into that. The cable is a couple of dollars on Amazon.

I did at one time buy an ASUS TF700T Tablet, but I ended up returning it. It performs really well, but a pain in the butt when it came to dealing with ROMs, etc.. And while the screen did look nice with the higher res, when it would reboot into a CWM Recovery menu, or even just looking for the "Unlocked" message (yoou have to unlock it to Root it), the text was so tiny due to the higher res which kicked in immediately, that you could hardly read what it said and sometimes not be able to read it at all! I ended up returning two of them in a row, after both of them bricked after just trying to use the CWM ROM Manager, after using another necessary util (I forget the name). And no, it wasn't just me. About 50% of the people who did it got bricked, with no possible recovery from it!

The ASUS is a really nice tablet, but if you go beyond "out of the box", then you might have problems.

I only mentioned the ASUS, because someone else said to wait for a higher resolution. But for me, the 1280X800 of the current Samsung Tab is plenty! Let's face it, it's a waste to play 1080p videos on a tablet, when your eyes are not going to see the increase over 720p. 720P is plenty enough and the current Samsung Tab does it.

Anyway, I went back to my Samsung Tab and am using it once again and having no problems with it. But if I ever do, my ROM backups work fine and this unit is really easy to work with from a technical end and it runs what I throw at it.

As for the Apple, I mean I don't know what to tell you. That's like going into a PC forum and asking that. Most folks there know what an Apple looks like and the basic concept of it, but they're not typically owners of one. :) But who knows? Maybe you'll run into a few folks who have owned both. I know there are some who do.

I would suggest that you compare the two and see which one has the features that you want most and go down the entire list of features for each one.

Anyway, best of luck to you! :)

This post was written on my totally awesome, way cool,
    Rooted, 32GB Samsung Galaxy 10.1" (P7510) WiFi Tablet,
    w/nVidia Tegra2 Dual Core CPU/8 Core GPU, w/KB Dock,
    on IceCream Sandwich v4.0.4 w/A1 OverClocking Kernel

14. Poquito

Poquito New Member

Btw, I just caught that you're comparing a phone to a tablet. Huh??? :)

This post was written on my totally awesome, way cool,
    Rooted, 32GB Samsung Galaxy 10.1" (P7510) WiFi Tablet,
    w/nVidia Tegra2 Dual Core CPU/8 Core GPU, w/KB Dock,
    on IceCream Sandwich v4.0.4 w/A1 OverClocking Kernel

15. stevetaz

Most helpful considering the thread title is asking if they should purchase a Galaxy TABlet....

16. powergal

powergal New Member

get going.. i love galaxy tab :)

17. RobertWoges

RobertWoges New Member

yeah you can buy.Its very good looking and stylish.I used to play more games in it.

18. n99hockey

This thread is over 2 years old, this device is no longer made.

--Thread Closed--

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.