1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Shoutcast on Android...

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by MJE, Jul 16, 2012.

1. MJE

MJE New Member

Jul 16, 2012

Sponsored Ad

Help, for the love of whatever, help!!! Okay, I've posted this question on multiple sites. Ain't nobody talkin'. Someone has got to know what's up with Shoutcast not working on Android! Shoutcast not likey Android? Android not likey Shoutcast?

Starting a "webcasting station" with Shoutcast servers beaming out the goodness. I can take any BlackBerry, Windows, or Apple device/PC and access the stream from the site's player which is HTML5/Flash fallback. Android, got notta. Actually, got something. The stream will play for anywhere from :15-:30 seconds and then cut off, then about :15 or so seconds later will connect again for about :03 seconds, and then finally nothing. What up?! Even Winamp on Andriod does the same thing. Is this a Flash problem or Shoutcast problem or Android problem?

I can't leave out the Android community by having the stream not compatible with it. It must be remedied. Does Icecast do this same thing? Thoughts...please!

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    These appear to be mobile apps compatible with Shoutcast

Not all for android, but they specify which are

#2 n99hockey, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. MJE

MJE New Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Woo-hoo, finally a reply! Out of 8 differernt Android forums in almost a week, thanks for the reply. I looked through the list of compatible partners, however, none of that really helps my problem as my main focus is making sure folks that hit up the site will be able to stream from the site itself. As I have stated, everyhting works...just not Android. Now, perhaps the problem lies with my HTML5/Flash fallback player, Flash itself, my stream, stream provider, website...or somewhere else. All I know now is that somewhere along the evidence points to Shoutcast. Hell, even their Winamp for Android fails. I thought perhaps switching to Icecast servers, but I can't even register on the Icecast forums to ask if thy're better because for some reason I've been "banned". I've never even been to the site before! And their "support" folks must all be dead because no one's replying telling me why? Anyway, the sturggle continues. Any other thoughts would be greatly appeciated.

#3 MJE, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
  5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I have never used shoutcast so I really don't know.
    I dont know what it does and why you are trying to get people to use the site when there are apps for it.