1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Show picture in map goes to neaest address

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Eugene, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007

Sponsored Ad

I copied over several geotagged pictures and noticed I can choose display in map from the gallery viewer, however when i do that the location gets moved to a street address even if its a long way from the trail I was on. My Garmin GPS has an option to lock to street or not, any way to do this in Andriod?

2. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    i haven't used geotagging in maps at all, but i'll take a stab at it. can you drag the marker to where it you want it?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    No, it just drags the map around. I see it say searching for the coordinates but then it moves to a street address. Take for example 39.9458° N, 83.0098° W and put it into maps.google.com . Notice there is a pin on W whitter street and the arrow slightly below it on te tiny pathway there. The phone displays the one on whitter street only, seems to be an issue with google.

5. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    maybe you need "tracks" by google. I am just guessing as I have 9 more days untill I have a Droid in my hands.

6. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    tracks lets you log the gps coordiantes. This is after that, I've used a gps log and software to add the coordinates into the pictures.
    Look at the pictures here, you can see how they appear off the roads and actually on the trails. When I view the pictures on the phone that were uploaded to this site the coordinates are correct but google maps moves them over to the nearest road.