1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Silencing Email Notifications

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by smokediver, Nov 9, 2009.

1. smokediver

smokediver New Member

Nov 7, 2009

Sponsored Ad

Is there a way that you can silence email notifications during the night but still be able to receive phone calls?
    I travel and have the need for family to reach me so I have to leave my phone on. I see I can change it to silence notifications but I don't want to remember to have to change the setting every night.

2. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    i know when you're in gmail, go to settings and change the notification ringtone to "silent"

you would have to change it back in the morning, but you could do that if you didn't want to use an app for it.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
  6. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    It shows all the apps on the marketplace its just an easier way to search on the computer than you launch the marketplace on your droid and can find it much faster :) but its all the same apps.

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    super!
    thanks buddy!

8. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    i found this site weeks ago when i researching the droid, but couldn't remember what it was called or how i found it. thanks!

9. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    no problemo scott, get yourself the droid already ;) you are just teasing yourself with our forum updates.

10. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    No prob jester enjoy its def better to search through then looking on the droid itself (which is also easy since the droid rocks :dft010:big_smile)

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    im just doing my research! :dft010:big_smile

12. smokediver

smokediver New Member

Nov 7, 2009
  13. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Ok cool glad you found what you needed. Have a good one, enjoy the Droid :)

14. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    oooo! i will have to check that one out. thanks.