1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

simple question on customizing homescreen

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by lorisue6, Dec 27, 2009.

1. lorisue6

lorisue6 New Member

Dec 27, 2009

Sponsored Ad

I set up some shortcuts on my homescreen and want to move them to the side. I hold them down but they don't move. what is the trick here? I know I am supposed to drag it but it's not moving.

2. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    keep trying they will ....

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. bass_lover1

bass_lover1 New Member

Nov 17, 2009
    If you have haptic feedback on, it will vibrate when the icon is unlocked from the position it is currently in.

Or, if you do not have haptic feedback on, hold your finger on the icon until the app drawer (arrow at the bottom) turns to a trash can, then you can move them.

5. lorisue6

lorisue6 New Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Thanks- I was trying to move them to a side screen not the trash. I was able to move them- some move easily some are more difficult- for some reason.
    In terms of haptic feedback, I have no idea what that is.
    But thank you for responding!

6. powerwagon

Bronze

Nov 24, 2009
    Haptic feedback is simply the buzz feeling that you get when you click on a menu button or icon. If you have haptic feedback enabled, you will feel it buzz a couple short times when you hold down an icon...then you will be able to move it where you want.

7. powerwagon

Bronze

Nov 24, 2009
    Haptic feedback is simply the buzz feeling that you get when you click on a menu button or icon. If you have haptic feedback enabled, you will feel it buzz a couple short times when you hold down an icon...then you will be able to move it where you want. The earlier response was simply stating that once you see the trash can at the bottom of the screen from holding down the icon, you are ready to move the icon where ever you want.